Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO IS DEAD THEIR OBSESSION WITH EE FIGHTERS KILLED It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they phucked up when they didnt wanna ride pac's wave anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      so basically bbc's won the war?
      is that kigalis podcast btw?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I'm not sure it was their "obsession". They lost Lomachenko because Top Rank went to ESPN and GGG would draw it's highest ratings outside of Canelo. I think Kovalev drew better than most on it too. It's not like the Super Fly cards are drawing well or if the Jacobs shows did well or if Ward was drawing well.

They simply just cut their budget and had less and less dates and promoters took their guys elsewhere. I don't think it's due to showing European boxers I think it's more down to they just didn't have regular programming.

I think it's very likely in 12 months there will be no more HBO Boxing. I think Kellerman and Lampley are insanely biased and at times annoying but I still like the production value and excitement that an HBO broadcast produces. A lot of classic fights I still watch to this day were HBO shows. Them days are gone.
        This. HBO simply has no "BIG" future plans and I also agree that it wouldn't shock me if HBO's programming called it quits in 12-18 months. All the promoters jumped ship and now have secured deals with other Networks with more dates / money. How is HBO going to survive if they don't adapt to the times?

Comment

The sport has just not been what it once was since floyd and gaymon stole the majority of the talent to put them in shtshows.

Hopefully someone manages to take hbo's place by getting the talent out there and building the fighters like they did with cotto, golovkin etc (building guys without an established superstar), but right now no one has shownthe ability to make stars, so right now it just looks like the sport might be thrown into the abyss, and it might never come back.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            This is a terrible video. The only reason that HBO doesn't showcase as many black American fighters anymore is because of Al Haymon. 90% of the top black American fighters signed with Haymon and after he took his fighters from HBO to Showtime then HBO was forced to show more foreign fighters.
            I agree. Haymon isn't willing to overpay white fighters to fight on different networks. Is he racist?

Comment

I don't disagree US platforms pushing non-American/non-Latino fighters are making it harder on themselves, but idk if HBO was "obsessed" with them or if their budget, that has been getting cut for 2 decades, influenced them towards investing in cheaper fighters of talent which foreign fighters often provide for promoters.

Like I don't think HBO is obsessed with lil guys. I think their budget lead them to making that whole SuperFly angle a thing. You work with what you got. And HBO has had progressively less money given to them for boxing events.

HBO's relationship with Haymon going south back in the day mighta been among the top causes along with money to the move towards so many non-US/non-Latino fighters since Haymon has such a vast collection of talented US fighters that hold appeal & HBO didn't have as much access to them as they once did.

Comment

its safe to say haymon ruined boxing

Comment

"Coming from a guy like Larry Merchant who can't even throw a f#cking baseball...can't put a finger up a p#ssy"

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    This is a terrible video. The only reason that HBO doesn't showcase as many black American fighters anymore is because of Al Haymon. 90% of the top black American fighters signed with Haymon and after he took his fighters from HBO to Showtime then HBO was forced to show more foreign fighters.
                    HBO banned him. Let's get that straight.

So in other words the video is partly true. HBO didn't want anything to do with Haymon, who had mostly black fighters, and shifted their attention to Eastern European fighters and cheap fights in lower weight classes.

Comment

Who is this imbecile making that video? Neither Golovkin or Alvarez is European. What a pathetic uneducated ******.

Comment

Working...
                      X