Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Livingston Bramble... beat Vinny easy.. after total war...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I believe Porter will do that.
    I feel for the Garcia family.. S porter won’t lose.. unless GOD intervenes..

Porters smile, laughter. Energy... how can anyone hate him... I love Danny G too.. but we talking boxing..

Porter all day... everyday...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      siablo14. Livingston bramble whippied vinnie Paz man...

Siablo tell us boxing fans more about the Rasta man who fought real good,..... real good...
      I am a little confused by this post.

Bramble never fought Paz (Is that already known and am I missing something?)

His name is spelt with a final "e" -- Livingstone (pronounced "stone" as in an "alive rock")

Got noticed when he stopped Kenny 'Bang Bang' Bogner in seven rounds, on ESPN (Broke Bogner's nose.)

Handled and promoted by the Duva's, father Lou/trainer/manager and son Dan, promoter out of Paterson NJ -- (I originally wrote something incorrect here, so let me correct myself: Bramble was born in St. Kitts but at the time he was fighting he was living in Passaic N.J. and had been fighting out of St. Croix, where he now resides.)

Won the LW Title from Ray Mancini in 1984 (KO 14) and successfully defended against Mancini (UD).

Won a mandatory against Tyrone Crawley (KO 13) and was set for a million dollar fight against Hector Camacho.

He jumped from the Duva's and signed with Don King who at the time also had Camacho under contract.

King promoted a double title card in Miami called "The Preamble to Bramble" with Camacho matched against Boza-Edwards (WBC) and Bramble against Edwin Rosairo (WBA)

Hector Camacho had been in position for a million dollar fight against Ray Mancini but Bramble's upset win took away the fight and with it Camacho's big payday. Camacho had to wait two years for Bramble to first rematch and then fight a mandatory but now it was time for Camacho to cash in.

Bramble had built himself a reputation and was being called unbeatable.

(He looked very strong, was very strong. Had quick hands but nothing that could be called footwork; a shuffler.)

In Miami the wheels came off, Rosario destroyed Bramble in two rounds. Had him hurt in the first and finished him in the second and Camacho's big payday was gone again.

Camacho-Boza-Edwards was the second fight that night (I saw it live and by happenstance sat next to Alexis Arguello.) You could actually see Camacho was depressed and put on a terrible performance.

Bramble never recovered and went into a slide. Was never again a contender and became a 'named opponent' others built their careers on.

When he first appeared he played up his island heritage for PR: had voodoo witch doctors at the weigh-in and pet snakes around his neck. He had a lot of fun.

He acted so weird that one boxing writer quipped: "Anyone who fights Livingstone Bramble automatically has the home planet advantage."

As often is the case Bramble was nothing like he appeared, a committed family man he is by almost everyone's assessment a very nice guy; quite normal and articulate. He is a devoted Rastafarian.
      Last edited by Dempsey-Louis; 09-07-2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I remember when a young Oba Carr was on Tuesday Night Fights. They had offered up a small handful of fighters as Obas next possible opponents. The audience ended up choosing Bramble as Carrs next opponent. It all went down at The Palace of Auburn Hills. I believe that I was 19 or 20 years old at the time. Bramble was a solid fighter and this would be Obas first big test. I recall Oba getting dropped but that's about it. It was cat and mouse through out the whole fight. Oba had boxed well but I don't believe that he deserved the decision. I believe that Oba was only 19 when this fight took place. That was a crazy move by Carrs management, just a little too early. But Carr still got through it and did Detroit proud.....Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 09-07-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I remember when a young Oba Carr was on Tuesday Night Fights. They had offered up a small handful of fighters as Obas next possible opponents. The audience ended up choosing Bramble as Carrs next opponent. It all went down at The Palace of Auburn Hills. I believe that I was 19 or 20 years old at the time. Bramble was a solid fighter and this would be Obas first big test. I recall Oba getting dropped but that's about it. It was cat and mouse through out the whole fight. Oba had boxed well but I don't believe that he deserved the decision. I believe that Oba was only 19 when this fight took place. That was a crazy move by Carrs management, just a little too early. But Carr still got through it and did Detroit proud.....Rockin'
          I remember that Rockin'. The first time they had a call in to find Oba's next opponent. The fans chose Bramble because he was the toughest choice. The idea of Bramble as an opponent must not of gone over well because the redid the poll again the next week. Bramble again was chosen.

I did not think Carr deserved the decision either, but he was the "star".

Anyone remember when Bramble changed his name to Ras-I Bramble? Did not last as eventually he changed it back.

Comment

He was alright . I still think he beat Oba Carr even.
            He did beat Boom2 twice and Tyrone Crawley.
            But, El Chapo made him El Trapo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Oba carr was the man the man that night. Very few times at least for me things go my way...
              Last edited by Zaroku; 09-07-2018, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post

His name is spelt with a final "e" -- Livingstone (pronounced "stone" as in an "alive rock")

Got noticed when he stopped Kenny 'Bang Bang' Bogner in seven rounds, on ESPN (Broke Bogner's nose.)

Handled and promoted by the Duva's, father Lou/trainer/manager and son Dan, promoter out of Paterson NJ -- (I originally wrote something incorrect here, so let me correct myself: Bramble was born in St. Kitts but at the time he was fighting he was living in Passaic N.J. and had been fighting out of St. Croix, where he now resides.)

Won the LW Title from Ray Mancini in 1984 (KO 14) and successfully defended against Mancini (UD).

Won a mandatory against Tyrone Crawley (KO 13) and was set for a million dollar fight against Hector Camacho.

He jumped from the Duva's and signed with Don King who at the time also had Camacho under contract.

King promoted a double title card in Miami called "The Preamble to Bramble" with Camacho matched against Boza-Edwards (WBC) and Bramble against Edwin Rosairo (WBA)

Hector Camacho had been in position for a million dollar fight against Ray Mancini but Bramble's upset win took away the fight and with it Camacho's big payday. Camacho had to wait two years for Bramble to first rematch and then fight a mandatory but now it was time for Camacho to cash in.

(He looked very strong, was very strong. Had quick hands but nothing that could be called footwork; a shuffler.)

In Miami the wheels came off, Rosario destroyed Bramble in two rounds. Had him hurt in the first and finished him in the second and Camacho's big payday was gone again.

Camacho-Boza-Edwards was the second fight that night (I saw it live and by happenstance sat next to Alexis Arguello.) You could actually see Camacho was depressed and put on a terrible performance.

Bramble never recovered and went into a slide. Was never again a contender and became a 'named opponent' others built their careers on.

When he first appeared he played up his island heritage for PR: had voodoo witch doctors at the weigh-in and pet snakes around his neck. He had a lot of fun.

He acted so weird that one boxing writer quipped: "Anyone who fights Livingstone Bramble automatically has the home planet advantage."

As often is t case Bramble was nothing like he appeared, a committed family man he is by almost everyone's assessment a very nice guy; quite normal and articulate. He is a devoted Rastafarian.
                Thanks for correcting me... mad love and respect,.. green your way .. plus mad respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post

That senile... not yet..

As often is the case Bramble was nothing like he appeared, a committed family man he is by almost everyone's assessment a very nice guy; quite normal and articulate. He is a devoted Rastafarian.
                  Peace and love
                  Here you go Paz vs bramble... I’m not that senile yet...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k0eXwB6mdeQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    Ray PazCini?
                    Yeah, I guess Bramble did destroy him... and who'd distinguish one Italian American from the other?
                    Me... paul m... I love boom boom.m.. bramble won that night...

But boom boom was always a steady ready warrior...

Peace... I got to sleep...

Comment

You’re a scrub!!!! Ray Boom Boom Mancini was a class act. He was a winner un like you. You should be zaroku the zero. Your a punk. Bramble was a tough guy, but he got Ray at the perfect time. I take nothing away from Rasi. But you Zeroku are as worthless as gum stuck to the bottom of my shoes

Comment

Working...
                      X