Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had a better prime Julio Cesar Chavez sr or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had a better prime Julio Cesar Chavez sr or Manny Pacquiao?

I fell Chavez had a longer unbeaten streak but Pacquiao had tad bit better resume.

Hard to say, but the Chavez of the Rosario fight was something to see, and id say Manny was still in hes prime when Marquez lost to him controversially and then knocked him cold. Taylor nearly had Chavez, but Chavez was slightly on the wane by then and Taylor was a great fighter at the time. Cotto was probably Mannys best win and we had a little catch weight there, Delahoya was weight drained and Hatton not quite at these guys level, so id give the edge to Julio.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Hard to say, but the Chavez of the Rosario fight was something to see, and id say Manny was still in hes prime when Marquez lost to him controversially and then knocked him cold. Taylor nearly had Chavez, but Chavez was slightly on the wane by then and Taylor was a great fighter at the time. Cotto was probably Mannys best win and we had a little catch weight there, Delahoya was weight drained and Hatton not quite at these guys level, so id give the edge to Julio.
      60+ Fight 34 year old Manny is prime now?

Comment

I had to put on my glasses. Thought it said "Julio Cesar Chavez jr"

Comment

Since everything in boxing is judged by resume. what are the top 5 wins of JCC career?

With Pacquiao I'd say its

1. Barrera I
          2. Marquez II
          3. Cotto
          4. Margarito
          5. DLH
          6. Hatton
          7. Bradley II
          8. Marquez III
          9. Barrera II
          10. Bradley III
          Last edited by Illmatic94; 07-29-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

They were both great. I. can't pick a winner so I'll call it a tie. Neither man was ever a real welterweight. In their best fights at 135 and 140 they looked almost unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              60+ Fight 34 year old Manny is prime now?
              People reach their primes at different ages though dont they? I mean, Manny was younger in the first Morales fight and coming off a great win against Barrera. Was that hes prime?

Comment

It’s a tough one but i say Pacman.

Comment

Manny....

Both great fighters but manny was legit the face of boxing for over a decade.
                  Plus Marquez,Barrera, morales >>> Rosario,rocky, Camacho

Comment

Pacquiao easy

Comment

Working...
                    X