Bite of the Century: Tyson vs Holyfield 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bite of the Century: Tyson vs Holyfield 2

https://imgur.com/gallery/GDoGXWo

The first fight I ever saw as a kid, and one I really wanted to do right. Hope you enjoy it.

Interesting perspective, Im not sold that Holyfield used his head intentionally but he may well have. It was always my contention that Holyfield would beat Mike and won $100 on this fight. It was one of the only fights ive ever bet on because after watching the first one which I thought Holyfield would win, I knew Tyson didnt have anything for Holyfield. The vast majority of the people back then still thought Mike was this unstoppable beast and the first fight was a fluke. Mike did great when he could bully and intimidate his opponent but when he had someone in front of him that wasnt scared to death of him he had issues. Bruce Seldon is a prime example of someone who was absolutely terrified of Mike, dude made me sick that night, fckn flop of the century.

Comment

Mike was going in head first too, it was a rough bout like the first one and Tyson was going to get his azz stomped again, he just didn't know what else to do except melt down.

Holyfield wasn't scared of him and knew that if you take him past the 4th round ......... he's toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Interesting perspective, Im not sold that Holyfield used his head intentionally but he may well have. It was always my contention that Holyfield would beat Mike and won $100 on this fight. It was one of the only fights ive ever bet on because after watching the first one which I thought Holyfield would win, I knew Tyson didnt have anything for Holyfield. The vast majority of the people back then still thought Mike was this unstoppable beast and the first fight was a fluke. Mike did great when he could bully and intimidate his opponent but when he had someone in front of him that wasnt scared to death of him he had issues. Bruce Seldon is a prime example of someone who was absolutely terrified of Mike, dude made me sick that night, fckn flop of the century.
        I think Bruce Seldon took a dive and he probably got paid very well for it. I don't think he was really intimidated and I don't think this was a real fight. Both probably rehearsed this a number of times together but **** happens and Bruce oversold a punch that didn't land. The biggest fix I've ever seen.

I agree on the Psychological aspect of Holyfield vs Tyson but I always thought that Holyfield was on something that night (first fight) and it was clear in his physique, this probably had something to do with how confident he was and how he performed especially in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          I think Bruce Seldon took a dive and he probably got paid very well for it. I don't think he was really intimidated and I don't think this was a real fight. Both probably rehearsed this a number of times together but **** happens and Bruce oversold a punch that didn't land. The biggest fix I've ever seen.

I agree on the Psychological aspect of Holyfield vs Tyson but I always thought that Holyfield was on something that night (first fight) and it was clear in his physique, this probably had something to do with how confident he was and how he performed especially in the first fight.
          You may be right on all points. Im going off memory of course but it looked to me like Seldon was shook af on the ring walk. I remember thinking this dude would rather be taking it in the ass than be in this fight. It well could have been a set up. As far as Holyfield goes he could have been juiced to the gills and he may have been slinging his head into Tyson on purpose. I wont argue with anyone's take on it.

Comment

That was well put together. Great read. Tyson was a savage. It was always my suspicion that Holyfield was juiced out of his mind as a heavyweight and he was the most prolific headbutter in the business. But Mike took it too far. That's probably how he fought as a teen on Brooklyn streets. A scary sight. He also tried to bite Kevin McBride's nipple off.

Comment

Tyson is sort of a hero now and very popular. I never did like him but of course I respect his fighting skills. Maybe he is a better person now but he did an awful lot of terrible things all during his life and this was one of them. He not only bit part of Holyfield's ear off he also bit Lewis on the leg on another occasion. He beat up some old people who put a small dent in his car.In his youth he used to rob people in the street. Sometimes he knocked them out cold and left them for dead lying in the street.It's never too late to change for the better and if Tyson is a kinder person now then good for him. He seems much nicer and more mellow now.

Comment

I'm a full supporter of the bite. Tyson was just sticking up for himself.

Comment

Headbutt of the century. Two fights, two gruesome headbutts.

If I bite your ear, you'll feel a stinging sensation and some pain, but not as much pain if I sliced open your brow. The jumping up and down by Holyfield after the bite was done for show.

If anything, Holyfield needs to apologise to Tyson for not only headbutting him but for bulking up for both fights unnaturally:

https://nypost.com/2007/03/02/report...-buy-steroids/

An alias with the same address and DOB, and he's still trying to deny it's him to this day.

Holyfield had tons of heart, but after the Bowe fights he realised he needed an edge to truly remain a HW contender and became desperate.

Look at any time Holyfield confronts Tyson or when they're together in interviews: he looks awkward, guilty and his eyes dart everywhere.

Let's not forget that Douglas had a 14 count, Lennox caught Tyson past his prime and then claimed he was also bitten by Tyson on the leg, so he could bolster his win over Tyson and suggest he was fighting a dangerous Mike instead of the meek, shadow of his former self broken Tyson.

**** Lennox and **** Holyfield. Ones a drug cheat and the other a maggot who won his last fight on a cut and then claimed he was winning and about to KO Vitali. Rather than settle the issue with a rematch he chose to "retire".

Comment

Working...
                  X