Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo v Willie Monroe Jr Nov 17?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    You are out of your mind if you think the WBC strips Canelo for fighting Lemieux instead of Charlo in December.
    Even if they don't, Lemieux has no business getting a fight with Canelo. How many times does he have to lose before people realize he's not going to beat elite fighters?

Comment

He not getting a Big Fight this year, no Canelo not fighting him December

No problem with him fighting Monroe, what other option does he have? Martin Murray? Hopefully it is not a Main Event fight though or if it is, maybe it a showcase in Texas in his Back Yard or something

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Even if they don't, Lemieux has no business getting a fight with Canelo. How many times does he have to lose before people realize he's not going to beat elite fighters?
        That's a different argument. Canelo can fight whoever in December and the WBC won't strip him.

And Lemieux is now the mandatory for the WBA belt. So at the very least that mandatory will be satisfied.

Comment

Isn't it all but confirmed David L is next?

And everyone should be assuming Charlo is gonna have to be a called up mando before he gets that fight. I don't see GBP making a fight with someone as threatening as Charlo could be outside the fam before its a mando. So yea him staying active is fine. Can't imagine many are excited about him vs Monroe, but lotsa mfers coast once they got their spot earned & just waiting on the ABC group to call them up so w/e.

Comment

I'm okay with it. Would prefer someone better but there isn't anyone in the top 10 that would be able top fight by November. May as well do a tuneup fight and Monroe is probably in the 11-20 range.

Comment

After this is Charlo vs Murray for the vacated WBC belt

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                You are out of your mind if you think the WBC strips Canelo for fighting Lemieux instead of Charlo in December.
                We'll see, I guess.

Charlo has been due the fight for a while now, and he's been patient about it, too.

Sat for Alvarez-Golovkin happened, let the Golovkin-Vanes nonsense happen, and quietly sat back to have Alvarez-Golovkin 2 happen without issue.

You are out of your mind if you think the WBC is going to let Alvarez have the voluntary against Lemieux, another likely voluntary against Golovkin, and have their belt and their top challenger basically frozen away from their title a near two years after the fight was initially due.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  We'll see, I guess.

Charlo has been due the fight for a while now, and he's been patient about it, too.

Sat for Alvarez-Golovkin happened, let the Golovkin-Vanes nonsense happen, and quietly sat back to have Alvarez-Golovkin 2 happen without issue.

You are out of your mind if you think the WBC is going to let Alvarez have the voluntary against Lemieux, another likely voluntary against Golovkin, and have their belt and their top challenger basically frozen away from their title a near two years after the fight was initially due.
                  because he's happy fighting bums. ggg was mandatory and fought the other top guys while waiting. why can't charlo do that? doesnt want to risk losing the big fight? the one he won't get anyway since he has no name value and they will just drop the belt. i remember the days when ggg was a bum basher fighting the other top guys while waiting but now charlo is "just being patient" little different spin there i wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    We'll see, I guess.

They will absolutely let Canelo defend his title against Lemieux in December without stripping him. The WBC isn't going to sour the relationship between them and Canelo again. Besides, the sanctioning fees they get from Canelo fights >>>>>>.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      because he's happy fighting bums. ggg was mandatory and fought the other top guys while waiting. why can't charlo do that? doesnt want to risk losing the big fight? the one he won't get anyway since he has no name value and they will just drop the belt. i remember the days when ggg was a bum basher fighting the other top guys while waiting but now charlo is "just being patient" little different spin there i wonder why...
                      Keep telling yourself that lie if you want

Comment

Working...
                      X