Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker vs. Whyte being PPV in the UK is a disgrace!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker vs. Whyte being PPV in the UK is a disgrace!

Is there anyone here who will be paying for this show? I also cannot believe how poor the undercard is, I think they're purposely trying to make this card a stinker!

Parker vs. Whyte
    Chisora vs. Takam
    Katie Taylor vs. Kimberly Connor
    Dave Allen vs. Nick Webb
    Sam Eggington vs. Brandon Cook
    Anthony Fowler vs. Craig O'Brien
    Connor Benn vs. Cedric Peynaud II
    Buatsi vs. TBA

So, Taylor, Webb, Fowler, Benn and Buatsi are winners, you can bank on that. Leaves us with Eggington possibly slipping up (yet again), and shot Chisora possibly getting turned over by Takam.

This card is terrible. I am honestly shocked that the Hearns didn't stick better support on this show, something like Okolie vs. Askin, and a decent test for Buatsi.

Agreed, it's awful value for £20. I do want to see Whyte vs Parker but I'll find some other way. Box Office should be reserved for the elite. Competitive fights between contenders should be regular Sky's bread and butter

I think Eggington vs Cook is off btw, and Buatsi did actually have a good step-up fight lined up but there seems to have been a late cancellation

Comment

Dreadful card and no chance i'm paying £20 for it.

I like Matchroom but they are pulling a fast one here.

Comment

If Brook was fighting on the card it would probably be worth it.

Like every PPV you can only judge after it's over. If Chisoar and Takam go to war and then Whyte/Parker turns out to be a FOTY then no one will be complaining.

I think Hearn is setting up Whyte to be a PPV fighter. If he beats Parker by KO expect all his future fights to be PPV.

Comment

Yeah, it’s bad. I know Whyte has piggybacked off Joshua and is coming off a good win but to act like he’s a PPV commodity now is just ridiculous. The undercard is even more underwhelming. It’s a sad indictment of the British boxing viewer if this ends up being a sales success.

Comment

Lol @ Vinnykin trying to convince himself Dillian Whyte is PPV worthy. Is there anybody here who would buy a PPV of Whyte versus another contender?

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
              Lol @ Vinnykin trying to convince himself Dillian Whyte is PPV worthy. Is there anybody here who would buy a PPV of Whyte versus another contender?

He works for Matchroom.

Comment

Meh, £20 is nothing.

I have DAZN, so I'll be watching it on there.

Comment

Orginally Buatsi was meant to fight Ricky Summers. Still not the best but an ok step up.

Other than that though totally agreed. The card is garbage.

It's pathetic that Eddie Hearn promised a "massive stacked card"

Should have put Campbell-Mendy on there and Brook against an actual decent opponent not Brandon Cook and then justify it by saying "He's top 10 in all the sanctioning bodies" no one is buying that crap.

Hearn is a weasel.

Comment

Is there a chance of this bombing? Or will the AJ casuals make it a success?

Comment

Working...
                    X