Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: I Was Tired After The Sixth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev looked like **** from the start, seemed like a sparring match till last round

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      Canelo haters keep making pathetic excuses as per usual, the reality is that we are witnessing greatness in front of our very own eyes. Canelo an ATG and the best fighter out of Mexico EVER!
      All of my Mexican friends would disagree with you as that's putting down your own country. Cheater, fighter of past their prime fighters and recipient of gift decisions isn't exactly what you think of when you think "best" but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, yeah, let's act like he's fighting the best in every division. 😂
      When was the last time CCC fought a great, prime fighter? Oh yeah, 2013, when he fought Mayweather and yeah, we all remember what happened. LMAO

Comment

I didn't see his punch output going down like it did in Ward 1 and 2. He was throwing consistently throughout the fight. He seemed bothered by one or two body punches but he took the rest well. Before the stutter step and the eventual KO punch he seemed fine. Kovalev is just too old and undesciplined to fight at a high level any more.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          He didn’t look like any kind of Krusher though. I don’t recall him throwing a single punch with bad intentions. Just a bunch of soft jabs and 1-2s. He fought sooo timidly while being sooo much bigger. Canelo was also extra cautious but I give him credit for working his plan to just keep Kovalev busy enough to get him tired, then go for a late rounds KO. Not a great fight to watch, but a great finish by Canelo for sure.
          I don’t disagree but I thought he did the best he could with the cards he was dealt. Like a race car driver low on fuel and driving on bald tires. He just couldn’t quite nurse it to the finish line.

Comment

They fed him this line too. How he got tired after 6th round.

Now Kovalev can enjoy his fortune on an island.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
              He was severely weight drained. Having to lose that 1/4 pounder at the weigh in severely hurt his chances.
              I doubt that very much, he said in the pre fight interview that he just went for a **** and all was good. He didn't need to stress.
              He was knocked out with a spectacular punch, I don't think that was faked, he was clearly out.
              Canelo will never get rid of the drugs cheat label he created for himself, but you can't go knocking LHW champions even with drugs, you need technique and strategy. Canelo executed his game plan and came out on top, that takes skills, and seems to have that by the bucketload.

Comment

Kov likes Canelo too much and showed him way too much respect. Whether you thought he won or lost against Ward, we can tell that he did not like him and he fought to hurt Ward. And he would of fought Stevenson the same way. Win or lose, he was gonna try to knock Stevenson's head off. Against Canelo, there was no bad intentions. Jabs all night, which was a great strategy to protect his body, but you also have to take chances with your power shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimjoe View Post
                  I was asking myself why Kova is not throwing the right with bad intentions, he could be tired or thinking about his 12M. TBH, I don't blame him, I would take the money too, KOV is on his way out of boxing. This is prize fighting, invest and stay rich 4ver. He deserves it as a boxer.
                  Plus we forget in having legal issues also which mite have been apart this career move.

But like i say he didnt show up to win, taking this fight after a war, fighting timid nobody stupid.

But good for him like u mentioned. That Yarde was his last hoo-rah

Comment

Until yesterday he and McGirt were saying that the short span between fights would have helped. Now he was tired after six.

Whatever. Kovalev fought a good fight, I had him ahead before the knockout. As always the judges were watching Canelo's fight. Still, the way Canelo gradually zeroed in on the Krusher was impressive.

Bet won on the exact round BTW

Comment

he is 36, but looks 50. I guess he really has drinking problem. he is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X