Rewatching Cotto Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatching Cotto Mayweather

Such a great fight.

One of my all time favorites. I saw PBF Floyd that night. It's odd how Floyd rocked Cotto hard but Canelo could barely dent Cotto.

Comment

Watching floyds fights are always better after the second and third time. You really get a feel for how much he makes guys miss. You think a lot of his fights are close the first time then you watch them again like, “that guy didn’t touch Floyd at all” and Floyd peppers them at well
      Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 11-29-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        One of my all time favorites. I saw PBF Floyd that night. It's odd how Floyd rocked Cotto hard but Canelo could barely dent Cotto.
        Probably the worst time of Cotto's career, was basically training himself at that point.

Comment

I'll probably go through Floyd's career again after 2030.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
            Probably the worst time of Cotto's career, was basically training himself at that point.
            No he was not lol. Its no doubt Floyd fought a tougher and better Cotto than Canelo did. Floyd is just better than Canelo in every way. Its no shame in that

Comment

Did you notice Mayweather stunned in the beginning of rd 6? After that left hook he was getting lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                No he was not lol. Its no doubt Floyd fought a tougher and better Cotto than Canelo did. Floyd is just better than Canelo in every way. Its no shame in that
                You could at least lay down the dick sucking for awhile. Everyone and his mother knows Cotto trained himself in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  I'm keeping it a buck, you can believe whatever makes you feel better. He put 2 of his 3 worst performances of his career with Pedro Diaz, and the muhfucca wasn't even listening to him in the Trout fight nor using his best punches. Roach revived his career.

Comment

That was a good fight. A reminder that Floyd is as tough as they come and can fight when he has to.

Floyd doesn't get enough credit for that. Not many fighters could have a tear up with Cotto or Maidana, especially one that is primarily known for his great boxing, movement and defensive skills. It was the same with the Hatton fight. Hindsight is one thing and Hatton might not get a lot of credit, but there wasn't many fighters back in 2007 that would choose to fight an undefeated Hatton on the inside and fight him at his own game.

Not surprising he brought his old man back in after that Cotto fight though and started using his legs a bit more again. I do think Cotto was part of the reason Floyd had to stand and fight though, it was a good clash of styles. I'm glad there wasn't a rematch though, i reckon Floyd would have found a way to move a lot more and win a wider UD in a less entertaining fight.
                    Last edited by TheBigLug; 11-29-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X