Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr vs Sergey Kovalev at 175, Who Takes It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too early to answer this question, we haven't seen Kovalev in with anyone within light years of a Prime Jones so we don't know if Kovalev has more gears to go up if he needs to.

As of now i'll take Jones on points

Comment

Imagine how dangerous Kovalev would be if he was on RJJ's roids. Every fight would end in death.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        I was watching some of Kovalev's fights and some of RJJ today and damn what a fun fight this would have been. Y'all must have forgot how much of a monster Jones was, a sparring partner of Mayweather who also sparred RJJ said Roy was faster. However, Kovalev is a real mean mofo who genuinely wants to inflict pain on his opponent. He fought Pascal in an "if he dies, he dies" manner. Who do you think would take this fight?
        Wow, kinda hard to call this one. I lean Roy Jones on this one though... What a great fight it would be though.

Comment

Kovalev can't find prime Jones. Jones did like to work off the ropes in spots. This is where he could occasionally be hit. Usually with a right hand. In this fight I think Kovalev follows Jones around, unable to cut the ring off. Lots of Jones left hooks to the body and counter hooks all night. Kovalev goes 12.

Comment

Roy Jones from 1994 - 2002 would win on points.

2003+ his reflexes slowed down enough that Kovalev could knock him out.
            Last edited by SN!PER; 07-05-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Imagine how dangerous Kovalev would be if he was on RJJ's roids. Every fight would end in death.
              He took over the counter creatine from GNC once and it was against a fighter in Hall who also had indications.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                He took over the counter creatine from GNC once and it was against a fighter in Hall who also had indications.
                God knows what reason but dude truly dislikes Jones. Only thing he ever says on Jones. Literally, all he has to say.

Comment

I voted Jones would win on points but I am not the least bit sure about it. The prime Roy Jones was one of the greatest fighters in history and maybe Krusher is too. I went with Jones because he is more proven at this time. If Crusher keeps crushing all comers I might change my mind. Roy never fought a guy with a jab as good as Crusher's jab.

Comment

Who the the **** can beat roy jones in his prime from his weightclass?

Kovalev? Really? lol stop.

Comment

Too early to tell. Jones fought a lot of subpar comp but he was a beauty to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X