Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys follow British level fighters that are not promoted by matchroom, boxnation ect. I would like to keep up with British title fights ect and who's on that scene and be able to watch out for fighters.

If I come across a fighter who I havnt heard of and they are fighting a heavily promoted fighter for example there is always people who know about the lesser known guy because they have 'watched them for a while'. Do they just simply travel to all these events?

Comment

Figueroa-Guerrero on UK tv anywhere lads?

Comment

Added a few more fight nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          Added a few more fight nights.
          Sky has the Superfly card 9th September. Also Linares/Campbell 23rd September. Butler/Hall 30th September, Crolla/Burns 7th October, Burnett/Zhakiyanov 21st October

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Sky has the Superfly card 9th September. Also Linares/Campbell 23rd September. Butler/Hall 30th September, Crolla/Burns 7th October, Burnett/Zhakiyanov 21st October
            Thanks mate, i'll get them added in :ANYWORD:

Comment

I'll be at the card on September 1st. Supporting Cheeseman and witnessing Okolie live in the flesh can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Justchris17 View Post
                How do you guys follow British level fighters that are not promoted by matchroom, boxnation ect. I would like to keep up with British title fights ect and who's on that scene and be able to watch out for fighters.

If I come across a fighter who I havnt heard of and they are fighting a heavily promoted fighter for example there is always people who know about the lesser known guy because they have 'watched them for a while'. Do they just simply travel to all these events?
                A lot of the fighters have to build a local fan base and a social media presence. Around my area we have Chris Kongo and Ted Cheeseman. They just put themselves out there in terms of talking to people face to face, putting flyers up on phone boxes/bill boards and local food outlets. Press releases in local papers such as the South London press plays a part as well.

Familiarising your self with the amateur scene is the most effective way of getting to know the up & coming Boxers. Look at the results of AIBA/national tournaments of newly turned pros. Follow accounts dedicated to upcoming Boxers on twitter as well as Journalists covering that field. BBBOC and BoxRec are also go to websites.

Most important of all is THIS forum. If you have any questions about a British Title fight or up coming fighter this is the best forum to put that question forward. There are posters with sign up dates dating back to 2004 or so, who really know their stuff as well as posters involved in the sport.

Comment

Chrismart

ITV just advertised the Smith vs Skoglund WBSS fight.

ITV4, 9.30, Sat 16th.

Presumably that means they at least have all the SMW fights. No mention of Cruisers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Chrismart

ITV just advertised the Smith vs Skoglund WBSS fight.

ITV4, 9.30, Sat 16th.

Presumably that means they at least have all the SMW fights. No mention of Cruisers
                    ITV, that's a nice surprise. Cheers mate, i had no idea.
                    I'll add it to the first post :ANYWORD:

Be good if they aired most of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      ITV, that's a nice surprise. Cheers mate, i had no idea.
                      I'll add it to the first post :ANYWORD:

Be good if they aired most of the tournament.
                      Kalle saureland says that ITV will show 'every fight' across their channels although there hasnt been any specific mention of Cruisers yet.

Usyk vs Huck is on next Saturday but isnt on ITV schedule.

The did tweet out a Cruiserweight tourney map and tagged ITV4 in it so i am hopeful

Great for everyone involved. Most likely be some PPVs on the way with so many Brits in the SMW one, but we cant get it all right?

Comment

Working...
                      X