Miguel Cotto: "High Probability My Next Fight Is The Last"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto: "High Probability My Next Fight Is The Last"

Great interview.

I saw this interview last night and thought it was very funny and shows a different, more relaxed Cotto. Anyway, he meant that his next fight could be the last depending on what happens. What I understood was that should he win he might continue, not that he will definitely retire.

Comment

Well, may be and may be not. He left it open ended as in depending on the "outcome". I guess what he states is IF he loses once more he will retire.

He also stated that he WILL fight before June time frame and that they are working for the Canelo or Maravilla fight and he is very much open for Floyd.

Comment

75% of the show was junk and out the 25% only 5% was real talk. I mean if you are going to host Miguel, lets open the lines for some real Q&A. Heck, I Twitted a ***** load of good questions......NONE got answered. Why have the lines open if there is no real talk just that BS morning show they play in the island.

Sorry, just venting!

Comment

His next fight wont be his last. He gets a victory over Martinez then no way he can turn down a huge money fight in late 2014 against Canelo.

Everyone knows only reason he is still in boxing is to milk the most money he can in his final days and that Canelo money will be too tempting.

Comment

I want to see him fight Canelo next before Sergio!

Comment

If he gets the serg fight and gets destroyed, then yes it will probably be the last,,

but if he wins or is competitive then no,,,

wins, fight floyd in a rematch for lineal mw title plus a boatload of cash

loses competitively then he can still go back to 154 and fight canelo for big $$$$$$$$

Comment

Gonna have to book me them Spanish classes sometime soon!

Comment

I don't know about that. Cotto is 32 years old and just started making big money in late 2009. He's had more options now than ever before. Money will keep luring him back in to the ring again and again until he's totally past prime. If he can beat Martinez, there's rematches with Pacquiao and Mayweather luring around, plus a big PPV fight with Canelo. And if Bradley beats Marquez, Bradley can go up to 154lbs to fight Cotto. Bradley was huge in the amateurs, he could comfortably fight at 154.

Comment

He's not going to retire yet. I think he has 5 fights left in him. He's been in some wars, but he's still only 33 so I don't see him retiring for at least another 3 to 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X