Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there being a more creative and band since pink floyd?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there being a more creative and band since pink floyd?.

Because I dont think there has being . I mean Radiohead come close but I mean the Beatles were good and they creating psychodelic music but Pink Floyd brought psychodelic music to a whole new level. I am really in awe of english artistry . When it comes to music and comedy the english are so far ahead of their peers thats not even funny.
    Last edited by catskills23; 10-19-2011, 03:12 PM.

I dont know much about that genre of music really but Pink Floyd is my favourite band of all time, just brilliant unique music.

My favourite has to be Shine on you crazy diamond or great gig in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
      I dont know much about that genre of music really but Pink Floyd is my favourite band of all time, just brilliant unique music.

Well I do and the kinks are the only band to come close.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post

Well at the moment my fellow country men U2 are the biggest band in the world but they are joke compared to the floyd. It was some famous person who said that the edge played the same notes in every song and he is not far wrong . I mean the Edge as a guitarist pales in comparison to Gilmour . I mean Gilmours guitar solos in Time,Comfortably Numb and Echoes are a work of art. Its just genius.

Comment

Okay I am just after listening to stairway to heaven by led zepplin . Its a work of art . That song will be played in 2000 years time . Its timeless and I have to say without Zepplin my 2 favourite bands Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam would not have existed . Eddie Vedder said that Ray Davies did so much with Rock N Roll that there was nothing original left for any rock n roll band to play so they had to rip of the Kinks.

Comment

The Beta Band spring to mind - listen to 'The Three EPs', they tackle different genres in each song and even the most conventional tracks on the album are really interesting and quite unique. But then again, they haven't done as much as Pink Floyd so it can't really be said that they're more creative.

Comment

Working...
            X