No announcement yet.

Paul Williams -vs- Joe Calzaghe??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Williams -vs- Joe Calzaghe??

Presuming the fight was made at a decent weight limit that fits both fighter's who wins? Personally I think if Williams boxed a good fight and used his jab well he'd have enough take a UD... Any thoughts?
    Paul Williams by UD
    20.00%
    Joe Calzaghe by UD
    70.00%
    Paul Williams by Knockout
    0.00%
    Joe Calzaghe by Knockout
    10.00%
    Last edited by FrankieBB; 05-07-2009, 08:58 AM.

i think you and anyone else who says williams is stupid.

Comment

If Calzaghe came out of retirement he wouldn't fight at anything other than LH. He admitted he was struggling to stay inside the weight limit of SMW. Which means that prime Calzaghe would find it very difficult (perhaps impossible) to make MW. Perhaps some catchweight could be negotiated.

Remember that prime Calzaghe (before his hands turned to powder) could bang. I'm not sure Williams could take that sort of power or have the physicality to push Calzaghe off.

I think Williams would acquit himself well and win a few rounds. But I can't see past a Calzaghe KO/TKO or comfortable decision.

Comment

Williams match-up is all wrong for Calzaghe. Williams is too talented, too smart and his work rate is better than Calzaghe. This would be a one sided beat down and Williams would win by WIDE UD or a embarrassing early stoppage,

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          i think you and anyone else who says williams is stupid.
          Well then if you would, please elaborate as to why think that then...

Comment

calzaghe is a lot bigger than williams for one, what advantage does williams have over calzaghe? none at all.

Comment

Paul Williams would struggle like hell to hurt Calzaghe. Joe would also be the biggest fighter Paul had ever face. Calzaghe SD

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                calzaghe is a lot bigger than williams for one, what advantage does williams have over calzaghe? none at all.
                Speed, jab, movement and reach. Plus a slight height advantage aswell to name a few. Forgive me if im wrong but all are great advantages to have over any opponent if you want to win a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBB View Post
                  Presuming the fight was made at a decent weight limit that fits both fighter's who wins? Personally I think if Williams boxed a good fight and used his jab well he'd have enough take a UD... Any thoughts?

I think your clearly an idiot and anyone that votes Williams should be banned for stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBB View Post
                    Speed, jab, movement and reach. Plus a slight height advantage aswell to name a few. Forgive me if im wrong but all are great advantages to have over any opponent if you want to win a boxing match.
                    calzaghe is faster, has a better jab and footwork.

williams is only taller and longer, so what?

Comment

Working...
                    X