Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Dallas Should Be Frontrunner For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Word to Team GGG: if you think fighting Canelo in Vegas is tough, just wait until you fight him in Texas.

I would like to see the rematch in a large stadium, at least 50k seat minimum, wherever they have the rematch. so they can provide a lot of $50 tickets so more fans can come see it.
    No communist is winning a fight in Dallas or vegas or NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      Yeah I mean it's sad how "in the minority" this opinion is. Anyone with boxing sense knows what happened.

Canelo made GGG miss often with jabs, rights, and hooks while landing the cleaner work all night long. MAKING your opponent miss is a skill and plays a role in how a round is scored.

Props to GGG for eating a boatload of shots and KEEP coming forward, but no fighter should get free points for being an easy target so long as they "keep coming". GGG's jab was his best scoring punch, but even that didn't make much of a difference in the fight. I can count on 2 or 3 fingers the number of influential punches GGG landed the entire fight.

Meanwhile Canelo landed the cleaner shots and, although fought on the move for the majority of the fight, defended beautifully and countered with very clean punches. Canelo was moving UP in weight so his power didn't translate at 160 as well as it had been at 154/155. Nevertheless I saw GGG get hurt on a couple of occasions, but GGG not only has an iron chin but the heart of a lion also.

Canelo won 8-4 on my card and 7-5 if being generous to GGG for trying.
      You (and a few others on here) are in the SAD MINORITY when it comes to the results of this fight..."anyone with boxing sense" huh? So you are implying that former professional champs, experienced boxing analysts and members of the media who scored this as a CLOSE fight in favor of GGG are "stupid", so to speak, just because they don't agree with you? You say GGG missed a lot yet make no mention of how many of Canelo's punches were blocked or missed...Now if GGG, was such an "easy target" then what was your hero RUNNING from? You contradict yourself repeatedly but this made me laugh out loud, "so his power didn't translate at 160 as well as it had been at 154/155. Nevertheless I saw GGG get hurt on a couple of occasions, but GGG not only has an iron chin"....so wait, just to be clear, those of us NOT in La La Land, reason that if someone is considered to have an "iron chin" then common sense dictates he WASN'T HURT, you can't have both, either you can take a shot or you can't....and how was Canelo able to "hurt" GGG if, according to you, his power "didn't translate"?...you see, not only are people like you and Robi13 in the Sad Minority...but implying that The fight wasn't even close is just PLAIN DENIAL.....Fanboyism at its best....whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Comment

No Problem A Draw.....Dallas would be perfect..........

GGG landed more with the jab however Canelo had cleaner more effective shots. I think no one did enough to earn the victory considering they're both stars in the sport. It has to be definitive victory to become the cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
          You (and a few others on here) are in the SAD MINORITY when it comes to the results of this fight..."anyone with boxing sense" huh? So you are implying that former professional champs, experienced boxing analysts and members of the media who scored this as a CLOSE fight in favor of GGG are "stupid", so to speak, just because they don't agree with you? You say GGG missed a lot yet make no mention of how many of Canelo's punches were blocked or missed...Now if GGG, was such an "easy target" then what was your hero RUNNING from? You contradict yourself repeatedly but this made me laugh out loud, "so his power didn't translate at 160 as well as it had been at 154/155. Nevertheless I saw GGG get hurt on a couple of occasions, but GGG not only has an iron chin"....so wait, just to be clear, those of us NOT in La La Land, reason that if someone is considered to have an "iron chin" then common sense dictates he WASN'T HURT, you can't have both, either you can take a shot or you can't....and how was Canelo able to "hurt" GGG if, according to you, his power "didn't translate"?...you see, not only are people like you and Robi13 in the Sad Minority...but implying that The fight wasn't even close is just PLAIN DENIAL.....Fanboyism at its best....whatever floats your boat, I guess.
          Mr. Butt hurt himself. Ca$h beat him to the punch, made him miss and look silly, defended beautifully, and landed his power punches very effectively

...GGG...had a good point-scoring jab. And he came forward eating shots all night while throwing wildly...so impressive XD

Comment

Yeah I mean it's sad how "in the minority" this opinion is. Anyone with boxing sense knows what happened.

Canelo made GGG miss often with jabs, rights, and hooks while landing the cleaner work all night long. MAKING your opponent miss is a skill and plays a role in how a round is scored.

Props to GGG for eating a boatload of shots and KEEP coming forward, but no fighter should get free points for being an easy target so long as they "keep coming". GGG's jab was his best scoring punch, but even that didn't make much of a difference in the fight. I can count on 2 or 3 fingers the number of influential punches GGG landed the entire fight.

Meanwhile Canelo landed the cleaner shots and, although fought on the move for the majority of the fight, defended beautifully and countered with very clean punches. Canelo was moving UP in weight so his power didn't translate at 160 as well as it had been at 154/155. Nevertheless I saw GGG get hurt on a couple of occasions, but GGG not only has an iron chin but the heart of a lion also.

Canelo won 8-4 on my card and 7-5 if being generous to GGG for trying.
            This follows the 'trolling for dummies' guidelines quite tightly. Hard to know if trolling or serious, which also consistent with
            the guidelines as to how success measured.

'Anyone with boxing sense knows what happened' (trolling guidelines 101 - start with inflammatory comment), so of course the trolled go listen to a c-ton of people who are reputed to have boxing sense (Atlas, Stephen A, Doug Fischer, Jacobs, Lennox, Malignaggi, Pac, whoever) - who seem to be in broad agreement - then the post continues to state the opposite of what those people said, with the 'I'm right and they are all wrong. Sad'.

(Wait....Donald....that you ?_

My vote. Troll score 9/10. High.

Comment

Mr. Butt hurt himself. Ca$h beat him to the punch, made him miss and look silly, defended beautifully, and landed his power punches very effectively

...GGG...had a good point-scoring jab. And he came forward eating shots all night while throwing wildly...so impressive XD
              The only butt hurting is your MOM's, PUTO so unless you want to get owned like a little b i t c h, I suggest you stop with the name calling....Canelo landing his "power punches effectively" is not being disputed, he just spent more time running than actually planting himself to try to do more punching, only he knows why he did that, where was the KO he himself predicted?..and if his running made you think he was "defending beautifully"? That's just your opinion...James Toney and Swear Pea Whitaker defended like MASTERS WITHOUT jumping on their bikes, because this is BOXING NOT TRACK & FIELD...oooo, aaaah Canelo ran all night and fought in spurts, "impressive indeed"

Comment

If you think the Vegas judging is as bad, a TX fight would have 3 Byrd type cards instead of one. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
                  No communist is winning a fight in Dallas or vegas or NYC
                  They'd have Candelita's brother as the referee if they fought in Texas.

Comment

That scorecard was **** but I'm all for it. the fight was a great one, competitive one, both threw and received huge shots, neither one got down. I mean this fight was a classic.

I honestly think that if you take it to dallas and sell seats at an affordable price you can fill up the Dallas Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                      I don't wanna see the rematch no more! Nothing to prove, canelo outboxed ggg all night! If canelo fights him against and beats him more convincingly, he won't get credit because they will say ggg was old as they were already planning to say anyway... ggg is not on canelos level. Not even close!
                      You and 10 other people in the world believe that.

Comment

Working...
                      X