Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated puts Adrien Broner ahead of Carl Froch in P4P rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're witnessing the birth of another hyped star.

Comment

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
      I agree that Broner has the potential to eventually work his way up, but as of right now? Hell no he is not above Carl Froch.
      Yeah potential and accomplishments are two different things altogether and although Broner is showing no signs of being tested by anyone in his weight class, he hasn't done anything yet except beat one guy who wasn't even all that much of a proven commodity himself.

Comment

If this is true than Sports illustrated is a joke

Comment

People are crowning this kid the future GOAT and he still hasn't done **** but beat up DeMarco. Which, while impressive and his best victory to date, is nowhere near good enough to make him top 10 material.

Pathetic.

Comment

The rise is easy but once all that hot air is gone, the balloon crashes fast and hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              If this is true than Sports illustrated is a joke
              They've got an incredible American bias. I remember a couple months ago they were hyping up the cruiserweight division saying it was one of the more exciting divisions in boxing because of fighters like Steve Cunningham, WTF???

Comment

Froch is a good fighter and exciting to watch, he also picked some good wins, but do people really see him as one of the top 10 fighters in the world? I like Froch but he really isn't that good, he's a B+ fighter and 15th is about right in the P4P list.

Comment

they also have johnathon banks in the top 10. wtf!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    I think Adrian Broner is better P4P than Carl Froch.

He's had world titles in TWO divisions, and he's the best lightweight.

Froch has only had a belt in ONE division, and he's never been the best super-middleweight.
                    But doesn't the strength of the division matter as well? 130 and 135 are just really lacking top fighters right now. 168 has many top skilled fighters and Froch has beaten many of them. If 135 had a Ward-like talent on top and Broner just manhandled him, then I'd 100% agree. But IMO they're basing it more on potential than anything else, which isn't how I do my P4P list, I use more resume to see how they'd match up if they were all the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      I think Adrian Broner is better P4P than Carl Froch.

He's had world titles in TWO divisions, and he's the best lightweight.

Froch has only had a belt in ONE division, and he's never been the best super-middleweight.
                      You know that SMW >>>>>> LW in terms of talent right?

Comment

Working...
                      X