Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windmill Mania and the state of the current heavyweight division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windmill Mania and the state of the current heavyweight division...

I thought I'd see more crowing threads on here today.

The only thing that's really pissing me off about Ruiz Jr. winning is that I didn't have a cheeky gamble on him... I think for some rounds he was 100-1. Even if I just stuck a quid on I'd be laughing.

But that was a serious "WTF is he doing?" miscalculation from Joshua there.

Ruiz has a set of whiskers, and when he got KD'd, he had a wry smile, like he was thinking to himself "ci, I got knocked down, Senor, but I can take it, it's like how I feel when I eat too many tacos, Amigo."

Somehow AJ couldn't see what we could see, and thought his man was ready to be taken. Yeah, way to go, AJ.... swing wildly, toe-to-toe with a man who has slower legs but faster hands.

There is a whiff of Frank Bruno about AJ, and I'm glad the fight was stopped... when he walked back into the corner and was unresponsive to the ref, it was the mark of a spoilt fighter who's used to headlining. Should he have let it go on? Maybe, maybe not. But AJ looked like he never recovered tonight...... his legs looked like mine after I've finished wanking over him (no ****).

Could AJ beat Ruiz in the rematch? Sure. Would AJ be out clean if he was hit by Wilder? Sure. Does that mean Wilder would definitely beat him? Not necessarily.

But the Windmiller is a pretty terrible fighter on a skill level, but has a leveller in his right hand that can be a get out of jail free card in any bout. It's like watching a retard having an epileptic fit while carrying a nuclear warhead. He might look like a spastic for 12 rounds, but if that thing goes off, it's over.

This is the first time I've seen this Ruiz cat, I don't know much about him. Feet slow, hands fast, patient (TOO patient, he actually let AJ off the hook a number of times) , chin seems very decent, not sure about the punching power yet. I never thought TKO'd Antony Joshua would be the hardest of things to do, and he did go all "Frank Bruno" when he got clocked.

Is AJ finished? Nah. He didn't look as handsome as normal tonight, but he's still a dish, and he CAN come back and knock people the **** out again, even Ruiz. Of course he can. That doesn't mean he WILL, mind.

So the division has really seen a shake up... we've now gotta start putting Ruiz Jr in the mix. Would he beat AJ in a rematch? Would he be able to stand up to Wilder's power? Would his ability give Fury any problems?

**** me, what a turn up. WISH I'd put money on. I like Ruiz, he seems like a nice guy, and I've got a friend who looks just like him, so that's given me ammunition to take the piss all day.

So.... if Wilder gets past Ortiz, who you got in Fury-Wilder II? My original prediction, if Fury came back at 100%, was Fury by TKO in 10. A Fury at 60-70% was very unlucky to not get the nod, so I stand by that prediction. Slate me for it, and we'll see in 2020, I guess.

I see Fury has shown class by offering support, while Wilder tweeted the following:

"He wasn’t a true champion. His whole career was consisted of lies, contradictions and gifts. Facts and now we know who was running from who,"
    How do we know that? How does losing a fight retroactively change the fact that he offered $100m and came to the US?

Comment

AJ would beat Fury, and Wilder already did. Fury was lucky to escape that fight with a draw.

Usyk beats them all

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
        AJ would beat Fury, and Wilder already did. Fury was lucky to escape that fight with a draw.

Usyk beats them all
        Are you trolling? Fury was dropped twice but was outclassing Wilder for the majority of the fight... most observers felt he should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          Are you trolling? Fury was dropped twice but was outclassing Wilder for the majority of the fight... most observers felt he should have won.

No, referee should have stopped the fight. That was disgraceful refereeing.

Be honest, in UK that fight would have been over and Wilder the winner. Fury got up, but at what cost to his future health?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
            No, referee should have stopped the fight. That was disgraceful refereeing.

Be honest, in UK that fight would have been over and Wilder the winner. Fury got up, but at what cost to his future health?
            In the UK? They would have given Fury every chance, the officials would have a tilt towards the home fighters. I hate to admit that, but it's very often true.

If Terry O'Connor was the ref, he would have DQ'd Wilder for knocking Fury down.

Comment

In the UK? They would have given Fury every chance, the officials would have a tilt towards the home fighters. I hate to admit that, but it's very often true.

If Terry O'Connor was the ref, he would have DQ'd Wilder for knocking Fury down.
              Oh, come on. Lol. In the UK they stop the fight if you get breathed on the wrong way.

You're right about Terry O'Connor... he would have carried Fury to his stool to avoid having to stop the fight like he has done before. Any other referee would have stopped the fight, though. IMO.

I have to respect Fury's toughness for getting up from that, but 8/10 referees would have stopped that fight.

Comment

But the Windmiller is a pretty terrible fighter on a skill level, but has a leveller in his right hand that can be a get out of jail free card in any bout. It's like watching a retard having an epileptic fit while carrying a nuclear warhead. He might look like a spastic for 12 rounds, but if that thing goes off, it's over.

Comment

I see Fury has shown class by offering support, while Wilder tweeted the following:

How do we know that? How does losing a fight retroactively change the fact that he offered $100m and came to the US?
                  I preferred Wilder's IG post. Was more cryptic and cut to the bone

"The worst thing you can do in life is QUIT"

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I preferred Wilder's IG post. Was more cryptic and cut to the bone

"The worst thing you can do in life is QUIT"
                    I don't mind crowing, it can be funny, but don't crow when you're talking about a man you turned down $100m to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X