Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko claims no one from his team asked to make him franchise champion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Oh yeah, sure they could, but the simple fact is I expect fighters (and everyone else) to act in what they perceive to be their own best interests and their promoters to do the same, so this doesn't really fill me with outrage. And that applies across the board FWIW, I've just seen you defending the right of PBC fighters to act in what they consider is in their best interests and I fully agree - I was just about to post to that effect on another thread in fact, but here is as good a place as any.

And yeah, sure, the WBC has many good ($$$) reasons for granting the franchise bullchit to Canelo and were probably all too willing to drop one on Lomachenko too if for no other reason than to deflect accusations that they had invented the title solely for the ginger Mexican. Like I say it's the WBCs responsibility to try to provide some consistency and boundaries to the sport IMO, not that of the fighters themselves and so it's the WBC that I hold culpable in this matter.

...though FWIW I will be disappointed if Lomachenko does not seek out the best opponents or lean on Arum and Klimas to do so. Loma- and Canelo - now have an unprecedented degree of freedom to choose their fights. I'm hoping they don't abuse it.

With regards to Wilder, to my knowledge he was never offered a franchise title (and was unlikely to be apparently - I saw a video a coupla weeks back with a dude saying he'd talked to Suliaman direct and got the impression it was unlikely to be granted to HWs - but I can't seem to track the damn thing down now) but if he is offered one and turns it down I will be the first to applaud him for it. Such principles should be admired, but I don't expect them from people either in life or boxing.
    They won't offer it to him cuz he shot it down right away. You playing games....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8na4_DE4FSA

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Mo' Big Dum is it?

Yer dearie Deyonce weren't offered it!

Heared WBC gonna offer her the TBA belt.
      Get the fvk off the dumb shet

Comment

Well sure Lomachenko could have refused it I guess, once he was told, but you'll have to explain to me why it would have been impossible for TR to make the request to the WBC without consulting Loma first.

Like I say, is it possible he's lying? Sure. But until I got an actual reason to believe he is then I'm cool taking him at his word. Quite aside from which why would I care? Do you follow fighters because they're paragons of virtue or because you like what they do in the ring man?
        I'm SURE you would believe l0m0

& if you like what they do in the ring then let it be against the real competition & not fighters having their hands held to get through easy paths.

Comment

No. You're choosing to believe these dudes got this franchise bullchit to avoid specific fights or fighters. I believe the WBC would have made Canelo franchise champ irrespective of who had been mando and I think Bob was virtually drooling as soon as he heard about the idea figuriing out how he could get one of his guys a bit of the action, well before Haney became mando.

The real question is why any promoter wouldn't want their guy to get this designation regardless of which mandos are out there. It's basically free rein to fight who you want when you want. You really think Bob wouldn't have jumped on it if someone else had been mando instead of Haney?
          Stop it, YOU the one choosing

You dudes ALWAYS trying to flip the script

I DO believe if campbell was the mandatory bob wouldn't of franchised l0m0 but since it was Devin he was REAL Quick to ask for that shet which l0m0 excepted Now that he's getting backlash he wants to comment

Simple fix is FIGHT Devin Haney!
          Last edited by j.razor; 11-21-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            I'm SURE you would believe l0m0

& if you like what they do in the ring then let it be against the real competition & not fighters having their hands held to get through easy paths.
            And should we be surprised that you choose not to trust Loma, or are you trying to imply something about me here?

FWIW though I absolutely do want Loma to fight Devin, though I think Tank and the Commey/Lopez winner should be higher priority right now. I'd be happy with Loma - Berchelt too.

Comment

Stop it, YOU the one choosing

You dudes ALWAYS trying to flip the script

I DO believe if campbell was the mandatory bob wouldn't of franchised l0m0 but since it was Devin he was REAL Quick to ask for that shet which l0m0 excepted Now that he's getting backlash he wants to comment

Simple fix is FIGHT Devin Haney!

No no no, pretty sure it's YOU doing the choosing.

And man, no-one told me we were supposed to have a script!... Me, I just go extempore, but I guess whoever wrote your script wrote it back to front to make sure it ended with Loma ducking Devin.

Way you really want to look at this problem is ask yourself what you would have done if you was greedy ol Bob. If you think he wouldn't have gone for this franchise bullchit irrespective of who the hell was mando then you clearly have no understanding of the mind of a greedy old white dude.

Comment

They won't offer it to him cuz he shot it down right away. You playing games....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8na4_DE4FSA
                So you trust Deontay but you don't trust Loma, huh? Myself I'm willing to give both of 'em the benefit of the doubt... you reckon you got it in you to be as even handed?
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-21-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

And should we be surprised that you choose not to trust Loma, or are you trying to imply something about me here?

FWIW though I absolutely do want Loma to fight Devin, though I think Tank and the Commey/Lopez winner should be higher priority right now. I'd be happy with Loma - Berchelt too.
                  No Commey should of been a priority BEFORE fighting campbell for the vacant belt BUT it WASN'T cuz then they KNOW they would of had to go through Devin to get that last strap cuz Devin was getting lined up to fight campbell for that vacant belt. Why are you ignoring all this?? If you REALLY wanted to see Devin/l0m0 then you would be doing what I do & expose the fake in boxing.

Comment

No Commey should of been a priority BEFORE fighting campbell for the vacant belt BUT it WASN'T cuz then they KNOW they would of had to go through Devin to get that last strap cuz Devin was getting lined up to fight campbell for that vacant belt. Why are you ignoring all this?? If you REALLY wanted to see Devin/l0m0 then you would be doing what I do & expose the fake in boxing.
                    Commey was injured winning his title and wasn't going to be ready for Loma, seriously fact check or fuq off.

Comment

No no no, pretty sure it's YOU doing the choosing.

And man, no-one told me we were supposed to have a script!... Me, I just go extempore, but I guess whoever wrote your script wrote it back to front to make sure it ended with Loma ducking Devin.

Way you really want to look at this problem is ask yourself what you would have done if you was greedy ol Bob. If you think he wouldn't have gone for this franchise bullchit irrespective of who the hell was mando then you clearly have no understanding of the mind of a greedy old white dude.
                      Negative, you doing the choosing & it always shows at the end....just like how I told you dudes 4 years ago that pvssy-g was a major hype job I'm telling you guys for the last 2 years that l0m0 is good & that's where it STOPS. No he is not great or an all time great & the walls are closing in on l0m0 which is why bob is trying to get l0m0 to go back DOWN in weight

We know bob is greedy & he knows that l0m0 won't get passed Devin so he can't hype up l0m0 to get that gravy train flowing.

Comment

Working...
                      X