No announcement yet.

The Brits Deserve a LOT of RESPECT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    lol well you went all out cherrypicking to window-dress US boxing, PBC should hire you as a promoter (Lord knows they need one).

You're stuck in the past bro, hanging hopes on over the hill fighters, unproven prospects and never weres.

Boxing is only heading one way in the US and the opposite way in the UK.

Most acknowledge that, although I suppose there are a few left who are yet still too proud to admit it.
    I give credit where its due, I like Chunky he has elite boxing skill and for some reason Amir Khan...I was starting to like that Kid Eubank but he turned soft chosing the longsdale belt over a world title shot vs. Jacobs if I remember correctly -- the kid has charisma and I am a fan of Eubank sr....believe it or not...I respect the oldschool fighters like Hatton and Joe for daring to be great...but Im never going to hype the likes of Kell Brook or Ricky Burns....I cant do it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Our best have a far greater resume than most if not all Brits historically and presently speaking...not one of your fighters have a better resume than Ward,Crawford,Garcia,Bradley,...you guys cant find one person to beat the Charlos or Andrade even our middleweight Danny Jacobs is over any of your middleweights....not one of your superfeather weights can touch Mikey Garcia...and you all know this...keep trying to fool the public...real boxing fans know the truth.
      Well, you do have a population that is around 5 times as big as ours so obviously you're going to have more, which is why I said P4P. Crawford is champ at 140lbs but its a dead division. All of the best of 5-6 years ago at 140lbs moved up to 147lbs. Fighting a small, bloated Gamboa and Postol does not give you a better resume than Khan and/even Brook (Porter win > Postol/Gamboa IMO). It's hard to rate Brook with the likes of Bradley as Brook has only 1 world class win. He beat a real champion to become a champion. He is a LEGIT champ.

BJS/Eubanks would be very competitive with Jacobs. I don't see why it couldn't be. Andy Lee ended Quillin who was meant to be too slick and I don't even rate Andy highly. Beefy at 154lbs is a champion too.

Regardless of whether they are THE undisputed best in their weight divisions (and they are in certain weight divisions), the sheer number of British champs with proper belts in all of these divisions is crazy.

Comment

1hourRun & BumzQuad are just suffering from a classic case of butthurt, they both know that the British are taking over boxing.

S'ok girls, you've still got UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Well, you do have a population that is around 5 times as big as ours so obviously you're going to have more, which is why I said P4P. Crawford is champ at 140lbs but its a dead division. All of the best of 5-6 years ago at 140lbs moved up to 147lbs. Fighting a small, bloated Gamboa and Postol does not give you a better resume than Khan and/even Brook (Porter win > Postol/Gamboa IMO). It's hard to rate Brook with the likes of Bradley as Brook has only 1 world class win. He beat a real champion to become a champion. He is a LEGIT champ.

BJS/Eubanks would be very competitive with Jacobs. I don't see why it couldn't be. Andy Lee ended Quillin who was meant to be too slick and I don't even rate Andy highly. Beefy at 154lbs is a champion too.

Regardless of whether they are THE undisputed best in their weight divisions (and they are in certain weight divisions), the sheer number of British champs with proper belts in all of these divisions is crazy.
          Stopped reading there. Postol was undefeated #1. vs. # 2. for the lineal title...nice try you Brits are good liars and con men.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            1hourRun & BumzQuad are just suffering from a classic case of butthurt, they both know that the British are taking over boxing.

S'ok girls, you've still got UFC.
            By taking over did you mean taking nandrolone?

Comment

Stopped reading there. Postol was undefeated #1. vs. # 2. for the lineal title...nice try you Brits are good liars and con men.
              Haha, so what? It's easy to be undefeated when you're fighting scrubs. I'm talking about ability. You aren't fighting someones record in the Ring, you're fighting their ability. We've seen Porter dominate Broner, Malignaggi and give Thurman/Brook a real run for their money, VERY competitive fights vs world class, ELITE Boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                Haha, so what? It's easy to be undefeated when you're fighting scrubs. I'm talking about ability. You aren't fighting someones record in the Ring, you're fighting their ability. We've seen Porter dominate Broner, Malignaggi and give Thurman/Brook a real run for their money, VERY competitive fights vs world class, ELITE Boxers.
                Postol beat the #1. guy @ 140 in Matthysse and Gamboa has better resume than Kell Brook ; you somehow forget Crawford also owns a win over 1 of 3 Brtis to ever win titles in 3 weights ( Ricky Burns)...your argument is weak take your L and move on. Schools over.

Comment

Postol beat the #1. guy @ 140 in Matthysse and Gamboa has better resume than Kell Brook ; you somehow forget Crawford also owns a win over 1 of 3 Brtis to ever win titles in 3 weights ( Ricky Burns)...your argument is weak take your L and move on. Schools over.
                  Matthyse got that ass wrecked by Garcia, hasn't looked the same since the lead up to that fight. Gamboa? Mofo looked like Crawford younger brother in that ring. He had NO business being anywhere NEAR 140lbs. Ricky Burns sucks. Just because hes a Brit doesn't make him good, which is why I didn't mention him. P4P Britain is clearly number 1 atm. Small ass Island doing big things ma mannnnn don't hate.

Comment

American's just get upset because we can steal your women easily

And there's some truth to that.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      American's just get upset because we can steal your women easily

And there's some truth to that.
                      I thought you like men?

Comment

Working...
                      X