Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I counter these?

Im a southpaw.

My opponent is orthadox.

He leads with a long range left hook how do I best avoid and counter it? (hes looking to set the straight right up with it)

He leads with a straight right how do I avoid and counter it? (he is following with a proper left hook after the right)

How do I best counter these?

just roll under while taking the side digging hooks of your own and slip the right hand to your left while bringing a huge over hand hook on top of him
    .............Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      just roll under while taking the side digging hooks of your own and slip the right hand to your left while bringing a huge over hand hook on top of him
      .............Rockin'
      Great idea for the southpaw overhand right!

Cool roll under idea, did you mean roll under it then counter his left hook with my southpaw right hook?

Can you suggest another way to counter/defend his long lead left hook? (Without rolling under it, ducking, blocking it, or doing the lean back, jabbing, or uppercutting)

Sorry to be awkward cheers Rockin!
      Last edited by AlexKid; 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Do u not have a trainer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
          Do u not have a trainer ?
          Rockin is my trainer, I also have a boxing tutor (cheap) that I pay but hes not as good as Rockin and some of the other guys on here!

Also im a southpaw and he is a ****** when it comes to southpaws, he just pairs me up with the other southpaw in my gym and we learn how to fight orthadox lol terrible tuition but its all I can afford for now.
          Last edited by AlexKid; 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

You need to join a proper club mate , while Robbin does give great advise you need someone watching you and picking out your flaws and working with you to improve . If you just starting out you need to really focus on drilling in the basics , someone that does the basics well will win bouts ! Good luck mate

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
              You need to join a proper club mate , while Robbin does give great advise you need someone watching you and picking out your flaws and working with you to improve . If you just starting out you need to really focus on drilling in the basics , someone that does the basics well will win bouts ! Good luck mate
              I will get one.

Thanks mate!

Great advice!

Comment

Working...
              X