No announcement yet.

Do and donts before a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't eat that much and WARM UP!

my first fight that I had 2 or so weeks ago, I didn't warm up properly because I didn't know I was the first fight. First round in I threw a right hand and popped out my shoulder, couldnt hold up my hand and was stopped by the doctor. so warm up properly!

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
      Ya i lost I wasnt my self I usually am relaxed sparring and can throw quick combos and fast hands, during the fight I was really tense and was spending my energy trying to hit him hard it was also 93 degrees outside, well this loss will drive me to train harder for the next fight
      ah dw bout it man, i lost my first too. so did many others.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
        Thanks man, at least I know what I need to work on now. I need to go back to the basics and practice my jab alot!

Comment

Yea man dont let it get you down at all. Kelly pavlik lost his first 5 fights. Just use it as motivation and it will only make you stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
            What like 50% of all amateurs lost their first fight. Dumbass. Obviously its a 50/50 chance for ****s sake.

Comment

Almost all of the advice on this thread was sound. The only thing I would have disagreed with is the bit about "messin' around". I'm far from old school but I have only had bad exerience with messin' around before a fight and my best performance was after I hadn't done anything for over three weeks. Aside from that everything else seemed prety sound.

The hardest part for me in my first fight wasn't weight, or food, or water...it was nerves. And no doubt about it being all pent up and *excited* doesn't help your nerves too much. Learning how to calm yourself down with prayer, meditation, chanting (yes I've seen it), or talking to yourself will pay huge dividends when it comes time to climb the steps and go on into the ring.

Of course if you didn't lose because of nervous hesitation or twitching etc then pay me no mind lol. But I've known very few amateurs who weren't as physically prepared as they could be in their debut fight. Almost every loss I've seen in debut bouts was due to nerves / nervous energy taking fighters off their games. If anything for your next fight I'd focus more on what exactly made you unfocused or kept your mind from executing the fundamentals that coach instilled in you. Spend the last 3 or 4 days of training mentally going over exactly what you're going to do; from walking up the ring steps, to touching gloves with your opponent, to how your going to plant your foot when you throw your first punch after the bell rings...

Comment

I dont care how many people say that sex before a fight is a myth, but its not and its scientifically proven.

When a male ejaculates he releases of endogenous opioids (commonly known as endorphins) that are required for ejaculation and associated with orgasm also lead to that slightly euphoric state and drowsiness. There is a great deal of physical energy exerted during sexual activity as well, so that probably contributes to the overall feeling of fatigue. It also drains your drive and adrenaline, your body can only produce so much adrenaline in one day without sleep or rest.

Comment

Eat fish pasta and salad on fight day. Don't eat a steak or a heavy meal.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
                    What like 50% of all amateurs lost their first fight. Dumbass. Obviously its a 50/50 chance for ****s sake.
                    You're not very good at logical thinking are you? Theoretically it's possible that 99.9999% of the people lose their first fight, if they all lose vs someone who already had some fights. So the only 0-0 fighter that then won is the one who fought the very first fight ever. (between 2 guys with a 0-0 record)
                    Last edited by Hearnsz; 07-15-2008, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael S View Post
                      You're not very good at logical thinking are you? Theoretically it's possible that 99.9999% of the people lose their first fight, if they all lose vs someone who already had some fights. So the only 0-0 fighter that then won is the one who fought the very first fight ever. (between 2 guys with a 0-0 record)
                      Erm no. 99.999% of people do not lose their first fights. 50% of people lose their first fights dip****.

Comment

Working...
                      X