Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De La Hoya going to offer a percentage split, $15 mil off the table for Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Like I've said since day one, if the 15 million was ever a real offer, it would still be here when it's time to actually make the fight. If he's "pulling" it now, that means the offer was never real because Golden Boy explicitly said the fight could never happen before September this year. It was posturing and nothing more to cover up for Alvarez's pathetic ducking.

Now it's time to actually make the fight and stop the nonsense PR battle. So let's make the ****ing fight.
    The 3 scenario's are:

1. It was not real, a bluff that K2 refused to even call. So it doesn't matter now. Bluffs should be called, who ends up looking worse? GBP/Canelo for making fake deals. K2 did not entertain saying "Yes, we accept".

2. It was real - Part 1. DLH/GBP thought GGG was more popular, they overestimated him, heard the PPV numbers for Jacobs and came to their senses saying "okay, this PPV will not hit 1 mill+..probably 750k TOPS..in that case we will not have the money to give him $15 mill".

3. It was real - Part 2. K2 knew it was real, behind the scenes everyone knew it was real, it was offered, GBP somehow does have the money - it was declined because K2 thinks the PPV will be wildly successful for some reason, 1mill+ PPV's, and $15 mill was a lowball offer from their perspective. They want a normal cut of the hugely successful 1.5-2 million PPV buys they're imagining, where GGG rakes in at least $20mill with a 40% cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
      They don't write up contracts until everything is agreed. Why would they draw up a contract for an offer just to be declined? Would be a waste of time.
      But that is the point. How does anyone know that was a 'real' offer? Does anyone know what the other terms of that offer were besides money? Any of the conditions the offer was based upon?

There seems to be little in details other than a bunch of articles quoting Golden Boy reps saying 'we offered $15m!'.

Comment

• After that performance maybe he's actually willing to do business and give Golovkin and co. what they want. Lol, who would believe he was looking out for Golovkin by overpaying him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ_Quaaludes View Post
          But that is the point. How does anyone know that was a 'real' offer? Does anyone know what the other terms of that offer were besides money? Any of the conditions the offer was based upon?

There seems to be little in details other than a bunch of articles quoting Golden Boy reps saying 'we offered $15m!'.
          You can't judge an offer on what we don't know only on what we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Not Defending Loeffler and K2 posted plenty of times that I think they're money hungry and trying to hit the Jackpot with this fight and as a promoter that is what he should do I guess.

Been said that they should or should've now, taken the $15 Million and if he wins then he is the A Side and gets to call all the shots!
            Why do you think it has been so difficult to get GBP to "underpay" Golovkin. Why has it been so difficult to give Golovkin a split, to simply negotiate a split?

Comment

You can't judge an offer on what we don't know only on what we do.
              Right, and what we know is a boxing promoter and his reps say they 'offered' $15m.

Meaning; We know nothing. Actually we do know something. That promoters lie. Like, all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ_Quaaludes View Post
                Right, and what we know is a boxing promoter and his reps say they 'offered' $15m.

Meaning; We know nothing. Actually we do know something. That promoters lie. Like, all the time.
                We know the offer was $15 mil. Unless info comes out about anything different we should assume that everything else was standard. But that would be too logical for Golovkin supporters that want to defend him not accepting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Why do you think it has been so difficult to get GBP to "underpay" Golovkin. Why has it been so difficult to give Golovkin a split, to simply negotiate a split?
                  It is Oscar De La Hoya! Who the hell Oscar didn't underpay during his career because he was the Draw and the Mega A Side, so big of a Draw that Oscar could've fought ME in his Prime and Sold it out and done Decent PPV Numbers

Oscar knows HE with Canelo have the Mexican fans eating out of the Palm of their hands and as long as they have that backing they don't "NEED" anybody. Mexicans are the best fans and they're Loyal so even if he doesn't fight GGG they will still watch him.

In fact I think going after Canelo is HURTING GGG as far as growing his Drawing Power and Fanbase because out of Loyalty to their own the probably won't Support GGG now like they was when he was talking Mexican Style and wasn't going after Canelo

Comment

We know the offer was $15 mil. Unless info comes out about anything different we should assume that everything else was standard. But that would be too logical for Golovkin supporters that want to defend him not accepting it.
                    We don't know that. If you want to be the type of person that says something is true until proven/said otherwise fine. I, absent further information, will choose not to believe what one promoter involved in a negotiation says unless independently confirmed by the other side.

I guess I don't really know though. Did Loeffler/K2 ever confirm they received a $15mil flat fee offer from GB?

Listen, I'm not gonna defend GGG not taking a $15mil flat fee. If that was the offer, and there weren't any ridiculous conditions/stipulations, then by all means that sounds fair to me. I like GGG. I like Canelo. I would like a fight between the two.

Comment

• no way canelo does 2nd day weigh in for Ibf if he ever fights G.

Comment

Working...
                      X