No announcement yet.

Plenty Of Tickets Still For March 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    less than 3 weeks until the fight and Golovkin, this alleged star who can wait on a $15m offer, still hasn't filled out the lower bowl for his fight (in a venue that he allegedly sold out with Golovkin-Lemieux)?
    He's sold out the MSG but it was at lower prices. Those prices right now are stupid.

Comment

To those of you trying to compare tonight's fight with the 18th, I got one question...

YOU KNOW TONITE'S FIGHT IS ON FREE TV, RIGHT?

You don't even need cable for tonight, just an old black and white and a wire coat hanger.

Two different situations and not all that comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Not Jacobs' fault that K2 didn't have the money; Jacobs and his camp were more than willing to take on the burden of finding the money to stage the fight.

Fighters, even those that aren't with Haymon, are sharper now than they were 10 years ago. Fighters will hold on for what they view themselves to be worth, and it'll come down to promoters finding the money, a promoter letting the fight going to someone else to find the money, or simply telling the boxing public that the money isn't there to make the fight and move on.
        I'm not against Jacobs getting paid what he thinks he is worth but I am against the idea that fans should have to pay higher prices to watch fights when the money to pay the fighters their purses isn't there.

There seems to be an attitude in boxing now that you can coast through most of your career without taking on any risks and then ask for a significant pay rise when you are asked or forced to take one. It's not the fighters fault if this tactic makes financial sense for them but it does deprive fans of seeing the fights that they want.

If less people supported the lesser fights and only paid to see fights that are genuinely the best fights that can be made, then boxing would have more top fights on a more regular basis.

Comment

They really over priced the tickets, its worse than cotto-marg 2 or any cotto fight, which i think is just crazy.

Comment

Golovkin-Jacobs VIP Package
            Golovkin-Jacobs VIP Package:
            - One (1) Ringside Ticket (First 10 rows)
            - One (1) Boxing Glove Signed by Gennady "GGG" Golovkin & Daniel Jacobs
            - VIP Access to the following fight week events*:
            > Media Press Conference - Tuesday, March 14th
            > Media Work-Out - Wednesday, March 15th
            > Weigh-in- Friday, March 17th
            - Access to VIP Pre-event Hospitality (8pm - 10pm)
            * Details subject to change based on fight week schedule.

$3,000 or (ironically) 3Gs

Comment

NYC is an event town. If they can't sell out for BBB sides biggest challenge yet than it says a lot about his appeal to sports fans.
              I will be out of town for work that weekend so i don't even think I am going to catch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                NYC is an event town. If they can't sell out for BBB sides biggest challenge yet than it says a lot about his appeal to sports fans.
                I will be out of town for work that weekend so i don't even think I am going to catch the fight.
                Exactly.

We fans like to watch Lil g. Hell, I can remember leaving an engagement early, racing uptown to get to Jack Dempsey's so I could grab a meal while watching him fight.

But, LIl g hasn't crossed over yet. He doesn't have mass appeal yet.

Most of the PPV buying public has no clue who he is.

Which is why him turning down 15M or even 10 plus upside (I have seen reports claiming upside is included in GBP's offer) is just insane.

All he has to do is take the money (and the hugest stage he could ever hope for), have a good showing (he technically doesn't even have to beat Canelo, just make sure it is really close) and he's a star.

He writes his own ticket from there on out.

It's baffling, really.

And BTW, those of you trying to compare Garcia v Thurman...again, that was on free TV...and the damn near sold out Barclay and were the top rated show in the time slot anyway.

Lil g needs to make a move...soon.

Comment

It's the day of the fight and still large amount of tickets still available. K2 going to shelters handing out free tickets.

Comment

Will K2 lie tonight and call the fight a sell out? We hours before the fight and you can get 8 seats in a row in just about any section. LMAO

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/world-championship-boxing-gennady-ggg-golovkin-new-york-new-york-03-18-2017/event/3B005193E09E27FB?fg=default_sectionmap&ab=m_efeat4315v1mobile

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Will K2 lie tonight and call the fight a sell out? We hours before the fight and you can get 8 seats in a row in just about any section. LMAO

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/world-c...at4315v1mobile
                      I don't really care, except for the fact that the turds who heckle some boxers for attendance are the exact same ones who have nothing to say here. Or, say that attendance means nothing to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X