No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. in Talks For May 6 - at 165-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    If Chavez can make the weight safe - Canelo could be in a for a tough night but I think he's too fast and too good.
    He can't make the weight healthily.

And Chavez Jr is a complete bum. Canelo smokes him size difference or not, healthy Chavez or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
      Wtf.... 155 for golovkin(last yr) but happy to go to 165 for Chavez.... and yes I know for golovkin it was 168 for every smw and 164 for ward.... still doesn't make it any less of a joke... can't tell me he didn't duck golovkin now

Golovkin can simply sign the contract to fight Canelo at 160

Canelo conceded on the weight, because Mr 154-168 refused

..... which is fkn bizarre

Golovkin CLEARLY passed on the Ward fight

those 2 situations are not even close

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

ahahahh

fk that was quick LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          lol Stoolio is definitely going to get a % in this one and not a flat fee.

stoolio may get a percentage

stoolio can sell more than 97k PPV's

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            This does not help Canelo's marketability, fact is whether you like it or not Canelo's been fighting undersized opponents with little to no chance for some time and his ppv number have suffered because of it. With JCC Jr he's fighting an oversized opponent with little to no chance.

Don't get me wrong, this will no doubt be an action packed fight and will probably do good ppv numbers but i think even the Mexican fans are getting tired of Canelo not challenging himself.

a HUGE PPV fight in Mexico will not help Canelo's marketability?

I don't think it will harm it, that's for sure

Comment

Your boy iz moving up 11 lbs to fight a weight drained tomatoe can, put your palm palms down son.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                Funny he can jump all the way up to 165 for benchwarmer/inctive Chavez Jr. but when it comes to GGG and jumping up to 160,, his body isnt ready and he's a jr. MW

but, isn't that because Chavez is an inactive bench-warmer?

..... just like how Golovkin was willing to fight Chavez at 168 but needed a catchweight for Ward?

Comment

The biggest circus in town coming soon!

Comment

irony:

the posters who are on suicide watch because Canelo could be fighting Chavez, are fans of a guy who just fought Wade and then Brook LMAO

oh lordie

Comment

this fight does more PPVs than canelo/ggg..chavez jr has that iconic name and these guys have a genuine rivalry..ggg fans calling chavez a joke need to stop because chavez is the "dream fight" for ggg.

Comment

Working...
                      X