X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilshere to Bournemouth I guess the hype job is over

Comment

• Bournemouth is gonna be a nightmare for someone like Wilshire. Birds and booze everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        What Scott Minto and Nigel Spackman were near the top of the table then?
        Depends what you would call mid-table mediocrity. I went to Chelsea for the first time when I was 7. Even that season they reached a cup final - they were fairly poor then for a few seasons. As soon as Hoddle bought Gullit I don't think mediocrity has ever fit.

A lot of revisionism goes on when it comes to Chelsea. I am 30 and we have always been good in the bulk of that time 94 onwards. Albeit varying degrees of good. At our worst we would be what? Present day Liverpool?

That Chelsea team last season in relative and nearly literal terms are the worst Chelsea team of my lifetime watching footy.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          The best young talent we've had in years.

Frightening pace for a lad his size, great eye for goal but still has a lot to learn.
          4 goals and an assist in 4 games so far this season as a winger.

He was on his way to being a £20m+ player in today ridiculous market, even playing in the Championship. Seriously, at 19 he was something special.

Quite an absurd career move. Our owners haven't got a clue though. The club is being run an absolute shambles. Even the player was shocked we had accepted a bid for him. He's too green to join a Prem club....but to head to Germany to play for a team that aren't even 10 years old yet to develop him wasn't what anybody was expecting.
          Nice one - seems like an odd move then. Agents really don't look out for the players do they.

It is like they expect a career ending injury at any time. If he was the goods he'd probably end up at Arsenal or something. Surely that has to be worth playing the waiting game. Even good, experienced players can fail in a new league.

Comment

• I would like to see what Dirk is up to these days.

Last time he was here he was on about the greatness of Jack Wilshere and how all the big signings were coming once the Emirates was paid off.

In other news, one of my 'mates' gave me a 'tip' that Phelan was gonna be announced as permanent hull boss on the 9th August. Put £200 quid on at the time thinking I'd only have to wait a couple of hours and on the 1st of September I'm still waiting, ****.

Comment

• Can't believe we shipped Nasri and kept Navas though, madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                Can't believe we shipped Nasri and kept Navas though, madness.
                Joke of a club, paying 70% of Hart's wages.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  I would like to see what Dirk is up to these days.

Last time he was here he was on about the greatness of Jack Wilshere and how all the big signings were coming once the Emirates was paid off.

In other news, one of my 'mates' gave me a 'tip' that Phelan was gonna be announced as permanent hull boss on the 9th August. Put £200 quid on at the time thinking I'd only have to wait a couple of hours and on the 1st of September I'm still waiting, ****.
                  Navas is the City Obi Mikel. Two city managers obviously see something in him despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary

How do you feel about Hart leaving on loan? He seemed like a voice and someone who connected the fans to the players even though I know he wasn't a youth product and towards the end there he was probably the worst goalie alive virtually incapable of making a save in the Euros. But if Kompany can't make it back to form would you worry about real leaders in that team? Or do they not need them because of the players they have and Pep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    Joke of a club, paying 70% of Hart's wages.
                    Being respectful to Hart if anything, no one would've paid his wages so us footing the bill is the only way for him to go and get first team football.

He wouldn't take a pay cut so it was either that or let him sit on the bench I imagine, not City's fault.

You pay Rooney 300k a week though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Navas is the City Obi Mikel. Two city managers obviously see something in him despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary

How do you feel about Hart leaving on loan? He seemed like a voice and someone who connected the fans to the players even though I know he wasn't a youth product and towards the end there he was probably the worst goalie alive virtually incapable of making a save in the Euros. But if Kompany can't make it back to form would you worry about real leaders in that team? Or do they not need them because of the players they have and Pep.
                      You could see the Hart situation coming a mile off when Pep was first announced. Never had anything like the required standard of footballing ability to cope.

It is a bit of an emotional one for a lot of the fans, with him/Nasri/Zaba/Yaya all on the way out, think there's only really Kompany/Silva/Clichy/Kolarov/Aguero left from the great Mancini side. Hart was a fans favourite mainly cos he shouts random **** all the time and dances about.

Think Pep is removing all the big voices from the dressing room though. Kompany will go soon I reckon.

Did that Barca side even have a proper leader once Puyol faded though? Xavi/Iniesta weren't exactly vocal, the team was so cohesive that they didn't really need a single leader in essence.

Coming together pretty nicely so far. I'm not worried. No one has played like a leader for us in a few years anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X