Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton Proved To Dela Hoya and Calzaghe It's Almost Impossible To Make A Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Proved To Dela Hoya and Calzaghe It's Almost Impossible To Make A Comeback

it's difficult to come back from retirement in a sport that demands absolute peak physical and mental conditioning. many thought hatton would make a fairy tale comeback. that train came to a screeching halt after he lost to senchenko by 9th round ko.

there were also talks of dela hoya coming back to fight in the 154 lbs. division. another is calzaghe who many believe could beat the reigning champion, andre ward. and then there was holyfield who wanted to face the klitschkos.

these retired fighters should remain retired. it's not easy to compensate for rusty technique, lose of timing or diminished skills. youthful stamina is another quality that is hard to regain. bottom line is it's the fighters' decision in the end. i just observe on the boxing aspect.

your thoughts?

If it was just a year out Hatton took it would of been a different bit of a story but he clearly doesn't have the punch resistance he once had.

Only thing Oscar will be attending now is cross-dressing events.

Comment

I heard he lost 60-70 pounds for this fight. Obviously in increments with a large time span but still, that's a lot of weight!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        I heard he lost 60-70 pounds for this fight. Obviously in increments with a large time span but still, that's a lot of weight!
        Didn't Erik Morales do that once before for a fight?

Comment

Hatton was never that good to begin with!!Oscar should stay retired and nobody but dillusional fans think Joe Calzaghe would be Andre Ward!!!

Comment

Calzaghe's success was based on being busy and outworking opponents, no chance he could do that with a dog like Andre Ward, not after years out the game. Doubt he could've done it in his prime either, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
              Hatton was never that good to begin with!!Oscar should stay retired and nobody but dillusional fans think Joe Calzaghe would be Andre Ward!!!
              you're red for a reason, dumb ****

Comment

Vitali did brilliantly after his come back.
                I actually think he peaked after he came back and it wasn't for the short period of time - either in retirement either after he came back...

It might be slightly easier for HW - they don't rely that much on speed which you loose first.

But also it is up to the fighter. Vitali looked almost in the same shape during his retirement. I don't like the fighters who put on so much weight instantaneously after they retire.
                There is only a few fighters who will be in the good shape after retirement - those are real sportsmen.
                Last edited by Simurgh; 11-26-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Vitali did brilliantly after his come back.
                  I actually think he peaked after he came back and it wasn't for the short period of time - either in retirement either after he came back...

It might possibly be slightly easier for HW - they don't rely that much on speed which you loose first.
                  Don't forget the quality of opposition he's faced since he came back.

Comment

To be honest I think after 3 years out to comeback straight into this fight was a bad decision (hindsight) Ricky should have had a few easier fights before going straight into someone that is (or is) around World level.

To me one the hardest things as you get older is having the will / heart to go on I thought Ricky was still young enough to still have it in him but clearly not.

Comment

Working...
                    X