Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2017, 08:02 AM #11
stuff jones stuff jones is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
stuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond reputestuff jones has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,043,405.29
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,043,405.29
Good point heres a gift for ya - 1lparm 
Default

Jesus. Floyd didn't train. He didn't want people to feel ripped off. So he fought toe to toe with Connor, a style he never fights, and only stepped on the gas in the later rounds.

Judging anything about him based on that fight shows you DKSAB.
stuff jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-16-2017, 08:13 AM #12
harwri008 harwri008 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,284
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
harwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,000,000,000,083,188.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,000,000,083,188.00
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
Okay, Floyd Mayweather JR may have been 41 years of age when he boxed against Connor Mcgregor. However, Connor Mcgregor himself had 0 boxing bouts. Therefore, Mayweather's age disadvantage and weight disadvantage evens out when taking into consideration Connor Mcgregor's significant boxing experience disadvantage.

Also, this thread is in no way intended to insult Floyd Mayweather Jr or hate on him. It's merely constructive criticism!

Point is, Connor Mcgregor using the extended lead hand stance and style gave Mayweather lots of problems. The ability to keep Mayweather at bay using the lead hand by stiff arming him from range. It involved head control and lead hand dominance to defensively neutralize Mayweather's offense whilst also setting up his own offense as well. Basically using the Wladimir Klitschko's style / blueprint.

Now of course Floyd Mayweather Jr did manage to win in the end. It doesn't change the fact that Connor Mcgregor made Mayweather look very ordinary for the first 4 rounds. The problem for Mcgregor was his poor stamina for boxing which Mayweather obviously capitalized on. However, if stamina wasn't a factor and if that bout was a 4 round bout (as it could've been since it was Mcgregor's debut - Mayweather also had 4 round bouts when he first started off) then Mcgregor would've won. The bout was decided by Mcgregor's lack of stamina and not by his actual style or boxing moves he used.

Mayweather never really fought anybody like a Lennox Lewis or a Klitschko who can stiff arm opponents from range using the extended lead hand. Not blaming him for it since such boxers didn't exist in abundance during his time. Especially in the lower weight divisions. However, it does promote curiosity as to how Mayweather would've performed against boxers using that style and how much difficulty he would've had since he never had to face such boxers and the only time he did (against a debuting Mcgregor), he showed to have problems.

In summary, Floyd Mayweather Jr's weakness (judging by his bout against Connor Mcgregor) is an extended lead hand used for stiff arming and a very good jab. Especially boxers who have longer reach than Mayweather. It's no coincidence that Connor Mcgregor was one of the only few boxers to have a longer reach than Floyd Mayweather JR.
This is another outlandish post you'll defend to the middle of next year because you think Conor McGregor proved to be a better boxer than Mayweather. The internet was invented for someone with an ego like yours.

Mayweather took 3 rounds to gauge McGregor's reach and power, and the next 6 rounds waiting for him to get tired. Simple as that. It was one of the easiest ways to make $100M.
harwri008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:15 AM #13
Ray* Ray* is online now
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London,England
Age: 39
Posts: 30,630
Quoted: 2205 Post(s)
Rep Power: 77
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 289,582.68
Bank: 13,375,318,882,621,550,592.00
Total Points: 13,375,318,882,621,839,360.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Just judging him by the Connor fight can be misleading in my opinion, that “fight” was more exciting because we saw a Mayweather that was walking some down without much of a defence (In Mayweather terms) because he had zero respect for Connor (None).

So yeah even at 40 I doubt he would ever do that against all these younger guns, can you imagine him fighting like that against Thurman or Spence?
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:01 AM #14
Luilun Luilun is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Espana
Posts: 8,238
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26
Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,001,000,009,994,600,448.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,001,000,009,994,600,448.00
Good posts. Here's your first gift. - 1bad65 
Default

I think someone with a peek a boo style that of Prime Tyson would have beaten Mayweather someone who is good at slipping and bobbing and weaving with power would have beaten him though Castillo and Madaina beat him with their pressure style
Luilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:36 AM #15
Mr Subjectivity Mr Subjectivity is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,510
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Mr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud of
Points: 1,000,000,129,906.54
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,129,906.54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwri008 View Post
This is another outlandish post you'll defend to the middle of next year because you think Conor McGregor proved to be a better boxer than Mayweather. The internet was invented for someone with an ego like yours.

Mayweather took 3 rounds to gauge McGregor's reach and power, and the next 6 rounds waiting for him to get tired. Simple as that. It was one of the easiest ways to make $100M.
You're making plenty of assumptions. My point is, Floyd Mayweather Jr has never fought and beat an elite opponent who used the same extended lead hand / stiff arming style which Connor Mcgregor used, which is roughly the same style that Wladimir Klitschko and Lennox Lewis use. Also, Floyd Mayweather Jr never really fought many, if any opponents that had a longer reach than himself. Tony Pep was one of the few but nobody with a longer reach boxed using the style that Connor Mcgregor employed. So it's not a coincidence that very few opponents of Floyd Mayweather Jr had longer arm length than himself.

My argument is purely based on what I personally saw during Mayweather's fight against McGregor since that was the only time Mayweather fought someone using such a style and he had immense difficulties against it. Perhaps Mayweather is so good that he may have always been able to adjust early on in his career IF he were to box against somebody using that style. However, it's a big IF since Mayweather never encountered anybody using that style and subsequently never had to show any adjustments to it. However, once again, the fact that Mayweather showed such difficulties doesn't eliminate the possibility that he may have possibly always have had problems against an opponent with such a style. Especially an elite opponent!

Just for your information, I'm a Floyd Mayweather Jr fan and I've watched each and every one of his bouts. So I suggest you avoid making assumptions about my knowledge.

Also, Mayweather was clearly getting out-boxed by McGregor in the first couple of rounds. There's no doubt about that! It's only after McGregor became tired that Mayweather was able to win via finishing Connor off.

It's possible that maybe Mayweather was purposefully getting out-boxed, so that he can wait for McGregor to get tired as a tactical plan. It's also possible that Mayweather had legitimate difficulties against such a style. Who knows for sure? Either way, my view is a definite possibility.
Mr Subjectivity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:42 PM #16
djtmal djtmal is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,010
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
djtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,144,497.48
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,144,497.48
For your courage and honour on the battlefield - -LightsOut- lol - -LightsOut- For being NSB top poster - -Ironmike- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstaz003 View Post

Point is, Connor Mcgregor using the extended lead hand stance and style gave Mayweather lots of problems. The ability to keep Mayweather at bay using the lead hand by stiff arming him from range. It involved head control and lead hand dominance to defensively neutralize Mayweather's offense whilst also setting up his own offense as well. Basically using the Wladimir Klitschko's style / blueprint.

Now of course Floyd Mayweather Jr did manage to win in the end. It doesn't change the fact that Connor Mcgregor made Mayweather look very ordinary for the first 4 rounds. The problem for Mcgregor was his poor stamina for boxing which Mayweather obviously capitalized on. However, if stamina wasn't a factor and if that bout was a 4 round bout (as it could've been since it was Mcgregor's debut - Mayweather also had 4 round bouts when he first started off) then Mcgregor would've won. The bout was decided by Mcgregor's lack of stamina and not by his actual style or boxing moves he used.

Mayweather never really fought anybody like a Lennox Lewis or a Klitschko who can stiff arm opponents from range using the extended lead hand. Not blaming him for it since such boxers didn't exist in abundance during his time. Especially in the lower weight divisions. However, it does promote curiosity as to how Mayweather would've performed against boxers using that style and how much difficulty he would've had since he never had to face such boxers and the only time he did (against a debuting Mcgregor), he showed to have problems.

In summary, Floyd Mayweather Jr's weakness (judging by his bout against Connor Mcgregor) is an extended lead hand used for stiff arming and a very good jab. Especially boxers who have longer reach than Mayweather. It's no coincidence that Connor Mcgregor was one of the only few boxers to have a longer reach than Floyd Mayweather JR.

Excellent post. I've edited down a little bit, but there were some guys with similar qualities that obviously floyd did not fight. There was Winky Wright, who Floyd turned down a fight with. Definitely had that stiff jab. When Floyd "retired" the first time you had Paul Williams, who had natural reach advantage and an active jab, maybe not necessarily a stiff one, and you can throw in Amir Khan as well, who's been begging for a Floyd fight forever, but Floyd doesn't get too much flack from his fans for avoiding.

I doubt if you make too many Floyd boy associates with suggesting he hasn't really fought this style of fighter.
djtmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:00 PM #17
The Big Dunn The Big Dunn is offline
Swag Concierge
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 39,645
Quoted: 9571 Post(s)
Rep Power: 100
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,200,277,947.74
Bank: 144,845,748,555,681,632.00
Total Points: 144,845,762,755,959,584.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
You're making plenty of assumptions. My point is, Floyd Mayweather Jr has never fought and beat an elite opponent who used the same extended lead hand / stiff arming style which Connor Mcgregor used, which is roughly the same style that Wladimir Klitschko and Lennox Lewis use. Also, Floyd Mayweather Jr never really fought many, if any opponents that had a longer reach than himself. Tony Pep was one of the few but nobody with a longer reach boxed using the style that Connor Mcgregor employed. So it's not a coincidence that very few opponents of Floyd Mayweather Jr had longer arm length than himself.

My argument is purely based on what I personally saw during Mayweather's fight against McGregor since that was the only time Mayweather fought someone using such a style and he had immense difficulties against it. Perhaps Mayweather is so good that he may have always been able to adjust early on in his career IF he were to box against somebody using that style. However, it's a big IF since Mayweather never encountered anybody using that style and subsequently never had to show any adjustments to it. However, once again, the fact that Mayweather showed such difficulties doesn't eliminate the possibility that he may have possibly always have had problems against an opponent with such a style. Especially an elite opponent!

Just for your information, I'm a Floyd Mayweather Jr fan and I've watched each and every one of his bouts. So I suggest you avoid making assumptions about my knowledge.

Also, Mayweather was clearly getting out-boxed by McGregor in the first couple of rounds. There's no doubt about that! It's only after McGregor became tired that Mayweather was able to win via finishing Connor off.

It's possible that maybe Mayweather was purposefully getting out-boxed, so that he can wait for McGregor to get tired as a tactical plan. It's also possible that Mayweather had legitimate difficulties against such a style. Who knows for sure? Either way, my view is a definite possibility.
Do you think he didn't fight many guys like that because there aren't many men from 130-147, where he fought the bulk of his career, that are tall with longer arms than since Floyd has an unusually long reach for someone his size?
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:32 PM #18
harwri008 harwri008 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,284
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
harwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond reputeharwri008 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,000,000,000,083,188.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,000,000,083,188.00
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
You're making plenty of assumptions. My point is, Floyd Mayweather Jr has never fought and beat an elite opponent who used the same extended lead hand / stiff arming style which Connor Mcgregor used, which is roughly the same style that Wladimir Klitschko and Lennox Lewis use. Also, Floyd Mayweather Jr never really fought many, if any opponents that had a longer reach than himself. Tony Pep was one of the few but nobody with a longer reach boxed using the style that Connor Mcgregor employed. So it's not a coincidence that very few opponents of Floyd Mayweather Jr had longer arm length than himself.

My argument is purely based on what I personally saw during Mayweather's fight against McGregor since that was the only time Mayweather fought someone using such a style and he had immense difficulties against it. Perhaps Mayweather is so good that he may have always been able to adjust early on in his career IF he were to box against somebody using that style. However, it's a big IF since Mayweather never encountered anybody using that style and subsequently never had to show any adjustments to it. However, once again, the fact that Mayweather showed such difficulties doesn't eliminate the possibility that he may have possibly always have had problems against an opponent with such a style. Especially an elite opponent!

Just for your information, I'm a Floyd Mayweather Jr fan and I've watched each and every one of his bouts. So I suggest you avoid making assumptions about my knowledge.

Also, Mayweather was clearly getting out-boxed by McGregor in the first couple of rounds. There's no doubt about that! It's only after McGregor became tired that Mayweather was able to win via finishing Connor off.

It's possible that maybe Mayweather was purposefully getting out-boxed, so that he can wait for McGregor to get tired as a tactical plan. It's also possible that Mayweather had legitimate difficulties against such a style. Who knows for sure? Either way, my view is a definite possibility.
Oscar de la Hoya and Diego Corrales had a longer reach than him. Zab Judah's was the same. Incidentally, McGregor's was only 2 inches longer. Margarito is an inch longer. The only person who would fit your category would probably be Paul Williams and maybe Erislandy Lara. One has a great jab the other one so so. You're using a fight with McGregor to try and establish a blue print to beat one of the best boxers in the last 20 years. It was an awkward style but it was non threatening. Obviously it wasn't a factor in the fight because of the outcome. It doesn't matter if you're a fan or how many hours of videos you watched. When you make comments like McGregor clearly out boxed Mayweather (without any pretext) I don't have to guess your knowledge.

What IF you didn't make the post but just kept your "knowledge" to yourself.

Last edited by harwri008; 11-16-2017 at 01:43 PM.
harwri008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:53 PM #19
Mr Subjectivity Mr Subjectivity is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,510
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Mr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud of
Points: 1,000,000,129,906.54
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,129,906.54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwri008 View Post
Oscar de la Hoya and Diego Corrales had a longer reach than him. Zab Judah's was the same. Incidentally, McGregor's was only 2 inches longer. Margarito is an inch longer. The only person who would fit your category would probably be Paul Williams and maybe Erislandy Lara. One has a great jab the other one so so. You're using a fight with McGregor to try and establish a blue print to beat one of the best boxers in the last 20 years. It was an awkward style but it was non threatening. Obviously it wasn't a factor in the fight because of the outcome. It doesn't matter if you're a fan or how many hours of videos you watched. When you make comments like McGregor clearly out boxed Mayweather (without any pretext) I don't have guess your knowledge.

What IF you didn't make the post but just kept your "knowledge" to yourself.
They may have had a longer 'reach' than Floyd Mayweather Jr. However, I doubt either of those mentioned boxers actually had longer arm length than Mayweather.

Anyway, by 'out-boxed', I meant Mayweather lost the rounds in which he got out-boxed by Connor McGregor in. I had Mayweather behind in the scorecards coming to the 4th round. Considering it was McGregor's debut, then that was a very impressive feat and he would've won had the bout been a 4 round contest since even Mayweather's debut bout was a 4 round contest. I'm being objective and judging both Mayweather and McGregor by the same standards which applied in their debut boxing bout. The match was decided by McGregor's lack of stamina mainly and not his boxing style.

I wanted to share my ideas because this is a pubic boxing forum. This idea is open for debate and I am in no way insinuating that my idea is the undisputed truth here. If you disagree, I respect that but others are free to form their own conclusion from what I wrote in this thread.

Another point I'd add is that none of those boxers you've mentioned box using the style that McGregor uses in terms of the stance he takes (extended lead hand). So again, Mayweather is feat-less against elite opposition using that style so nobody can infer with any degree of certainty how he would perform against such boxers.
Mr Subjectivity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:56 PM #20
Mr Subjectivity Mr Subjectivity is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,510
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Mr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud ofMr Subjectivity has much to be proud of
Points: 1,000,000,129,906.54
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,129,906.54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
Do you think he didn't fight many guys like that because there aren't many men from 130-147, where he fought the bulk of his career, that are tall with longer arms than since Floyd has an unusually long reach for someone his size?
Mayweather didn't really fight boxers like that but I am in no way blaming or criticizing him for not doing so. Since the opportunity was either scarce or non-existent. So not his fault!
Mr Subjectivity is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
extended, floyd, hand, jr's, lead, mayweather, stance, stiff, style, weakness

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.