Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Floyd in ATG p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you rate Floyd in ATG p4p list?

How do you review his career overall from start to Finnish.

skills wise hes #1 to me.. meaning if i had a son that got into boxing i would want him to master floyds style. the greatest defense ever, the most accurate, the sharpest boxing IQ..etc.. but accomplishment wise sugar ray robinson is #1. he was fighter of the decade twice. thats crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
      How do you review his career overall from start to Finnish.
      I didn't know Floyd spoke another language so its difficult to discuss his career from the start to the point he learned to speak another language. WHat year did he start speaking finnish?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I didn't know Floyd spoke another language so its difficult to discuss his career from the start to the point he learned to speak another language. WHat year did he start speaking finnish?

Comment

He was a great fighter. I never do ATG lists for boxing. Boxing has been around too long and there's too many great fighters in different eras.

Comment

This thread has been done over and over...there was just one last week

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=757629

Pretty good discussion here that didn't devolve into a hand full of his haters reinventing history.

Consensus seems to be top 10 for sure. Top 5 maybe.

For me he's tied with SRR at the top. My whole reason for judging him the way I do is that I do not hold him to a different standard than any other fighter and because of that he's at the top for fighting all the key guys near his weight from his era and beating them all, as well as going 50-0 with really only 2 close fights. Only having 2 close fights is his biggest achievement IMO. I don't think people realize how hard it is not to run into the wrong match up when you start fighting champions like Mayweather did so soon in his career.

Comment

Top 15,but most definitely not top 10.Though if he's rated for maximizing the most money for the most minimal of risk,he is hands down TBE.

Comment

He is top 10 no debate

Comment

Acccording to his performance vs a non boxer i will rate floyd between 50-60

Comment

Working...
                    X