No announcement yet.

Combine boxing routine with...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louiemina View Post
    This is cool man, but what's your take if on how we should integrate this swimming thing into our program, my gym has a swimming pool at it's first floor, so no hassle.

My routine is that everyday except Sunday I box, lucky if sparring. weights some days after boxing, then jog every other night. This thread is really awesome anyone know a good swimming program to integrate into my daily routine?
    I found swimming works best after boxing, and any time that you need to heal but still want to keep active. It stretches out irritated or sore muscles and tendons, helping you feel fresher the next day. If you're injured, it's so low impact and easy on the body that you can often get away with swimming while healing (though always be cautious and stop if you feel the injury hurting while swimming).

Though it's a complete workout, I tend to think of swimming as more of a cardio thing, so after warming up I do a lot of laps. Helps you develop breath control and consistent breathing, which is one of the biggest challenges boxers face.

Comment

A lot of people is saying swimming so i guess i would try it.
      Since there have been some problems in my gym, i think i would not go there in some time, so i'm going to one of those mma gyms that are really completes and i will try what can help me.
      I wanted to try swimming but the entire swimming team of my city have a beef with me .

Comment

yoga, your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
          yoga, your welcome.
          I heard that it's good for relaxing, stretching and flexibility.
          I read an interview of Erickson Lubin when he says he does yoga all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            I heard that it's good for relaxing, stretching and flexibility.
            I read an interview of Erickson Lubin when he says he does yoga all the time.
            yoga sounds like some bitch shit but its the real fucking deal.

Comment

Working...
            X