No announcement yet.

How old is Luis Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
    Lost in the system like African soccer agency players.

Ortiz can force mandatory within 18 months with the WBA, I think in this time Fury will intend to face Joshua in a money spinning ppv if he defeats Klitschko again, I'm not optimistic Ortiz will get the fights we want to see him in, can you imagine him picking up the WBA belt and trying to get someone like Glazkov or Wilder to optionally face him in a unification ? Exactly !
    In Fury's own words. "He's a dangerous **** that Ortiz"

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      He's on steroids, not that I care, but his shoulders and traps are a clear indicator. There are a lot of androgen receptors in that area and it's the first place steroid users blow up. that stuff will keep him young for the next four years and give him the time he needs to make a great career.
      Just like Wlad, Wilder, Joshua, probably Povetkin too, etc. So why mention it?

Here you have other picture of someone on steroids

Comment

If Ortiz is really 36 then Sonny Liston must have really been 32 when he fought Ali.

In other words I don't believe either to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I have trouble believing he's 36 myself. I wouldn't be shocked if there was some fake birth certificate or something involved. Guy looks older for sure. Think there were similar rumors with Samuel Peter back in the day. And I think fake ages were a common thing in baseball in certain regions at one point & maybe still are idk. I think there was some Olympic girl from Japan who got busted for the same thing not long ago. So there's gotta be some boxers with a fake age out there.
          I don't see a truly good reason why a fighter should lie about his age. Baseball players, that's a different story. Youth is a major advantage when negotiating contracts. It can mean tens of millions. What benefit do boxers derive from lying about their age?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I don't see a truly good reason why a fighter should lie about his age. Baseball players, that's a different story. Youth is a major advantage when negotiating contracts. It can mean tens of millions. What benefit do boxers derive from lying about their age?
            I'd say for similar reasons as you are suggesting + we just live a fairly ageist society. Youth is worshiped. I think HBO, a promoter, manager or even potential sponsors or advertisers would be more interested in a 26yr old boxer vs a 34yr old boxer all else being equal.

And fwiw its not like I know something here, I'm just throwing out some things I've seen & heard about in other sports that I don't think is that far fetched in boxing. I am definitely of the opinion Ortiz looks older than 36, but **** some people just look older. I just wouldn't be surprised if he did turn out to be older.

Comment

Lying about your age isn't uncommon. Cuban and Dominican players have done it in the MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Just like Wlad, Wilder, Joshua, probably Povetkin too, etc. So why mention it?

Here you have other picture of someone on steroids

LOL steroids? This was just after his jail stint where he was locked up for two months. If you know anything about steroid use you would know that when you suddenly stop using any unnatural muscle gains you may have had will dissipate rather quickly. Floyd looks pretty impressive for being 36 at the time and locked up for several months.

Comment

he's old as hell

he looks 40+ if he's a day to me, and in future any opponents will demand proper testing

as soon as he cycles of the test, roids and hgh he will look like a 40 year old man and start getting knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I'd say for similar reasons as you are suggesting + we just live a fairly ageist society. Youth is worshiped. I think HBO, a promoter, manager or even potential sponsors or advertisers would be more interested in a 26yr old boxer vs a 34yr old boxer all else being equal.

And fwiw its not like I know something here, I'm just throwing out some things I've seen & heard about in other sports that I don't think is that far fetched in boxing. I am definitely of the opinion Ortiz looks older than 36, but **** some people just look older. I just wouldn't be surprised if he did turn out to be older.
                    I agree that youth is a valuable commodity in sports, but it doesn't translate the same way financially straight across the board. I'm not as familiar with boxing as a business as I am with baseball (not that I'm an expert there either), but it's just not the same. As far as I understand it, a network might offer a fighter a package featuring a limited number of fights. Relatively few boxers get that kind of deal to begin with. All the deals I know of are all relatively short term anyway. Sure, a young fighter might get a somewhat longer deal; but it's not like baseball, where a young player might land a ten year contract. That simply doesn't exist in boxing. So again I ask, what's the real advantage of fudging your age in boxing?

Comment

65? Just guessing of course

Comment

Working...
                      X