Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just rewatched the De La Hoya-Trinidad fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I think I gave Tito the last 3 and another early or middle

I don't feel bad though because of how Oscar closed the fight.
    I watched that fight once, the night it first aired. One of the things I remember most is thinking along these lines: "Oscar should get the nod, but I wouldn't be surprised at a draw or even a decision for Tito." So, essentially, I felt the same as you. De La Hoya's decision to literally run for the last few rounds is as incomprehensible to me today as it was that night.

Comment

Had it 8 rounds to 4 for The Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post

Gawddamn, i bet that guy has no problem picking up women. That thing's Canelo size.

Comment

It could of went either way. To say this was a disgraced robbery is absurd. watch the fight with the sound off, those HBO golden boy nut huggers always getting hyped every time DLH throws shots, bias commentary at its finest. reminds me of the Manny/Bradley 1 fight.
          Last edited by Lords; 05-19-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Oscar made Trinidad look like a damn fool...

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              that pimp hand that atoned odlh, doe.

Imagine having to wank with that thing every time?

Comment

I had it 7-5 DLH, so I don't think a draw is a bad decision or even 7-5 for Tito. He did land good stuff in the first half. Ill have you rewatch it one of these days. I remember thinking, when watching it live that I wouldn't be surprised if Tito won with how Oscar ran the last 4 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  I had it 7-5 DLH, so I don't think a draw is a bad decision or even 7-5 for Tito. He did land good stuff in the first half. Ill have you rewatch it one of these days. I remember thinking, when watching it live that I wouldn't be surprised if Tito won with how Oscar ran the last 4 rounds
                  Actually it was 3, not 4.

Comment

I still wished it was Oscar Who ended that chumps career instead of Roy. But seeing him get humiliated by such a shot fighter was good too

Comment

Trinidad did not have bricks in his gloves. That's a lie and an insult to an all time great fighter and some people are totally ignorant of the rules of boxing. When a fighter wraps his hands he must do so in front of a member of the team of the fighter he is fighting and a member of the boxing commission making it IMPOSSIBLE to cheat. Trinidad used extra tape and gauss and that is legal almost every where but New York City. It protects his hands but it doesn't make his punches harder. Naseem clearly explained this and said the Trinidad wrap incident was totally different from the Margarito incident. Oscar is very popular and his fans are still mad about the loss so he wins a poll like this. I though Trinidad won a close one because he won the last three rounds and he also won some of the first 9 rounds. Do a poll like this in Puerto Rico where Trinidad is more popular than Oscar and Trinidad will win the poll. Oscar wanted nothing to do with a rematch and priced himself completely out of reality land.

Comment

Working...
                      X