Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the excuses are to duck martinez now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the excuses are to duck martinez now..

Edit

No more excuses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3DAqaChBCc

The promoter for martinez has once again offered 80-20 split in floyds favour at even 150 pounds! come on floyd what is quaking?

Floyd claims he is great, but what great fighter has he defeated? Hell, has he ever defeated a fighter in his prime? No, the closest was Hatton, but that was at 147, and Hatton was never that good in the first place. He was good at 140, though. Floyd simply avoided the most dangerous fighters. You could see so many videos of him admitting it on YouTube. Like when he got called out by Margo face to face, but *****ed out.

He also said live on air he does not take dangerous fighters to save his record. Prime Kostya, Mosley, Margo, Cotto, Pacman and Martinez...

All I see here are excuses from guys like Larry. Excuses as to why he ducked them that it is pathetic. Come on, look at his prime. Who did he really fight? Oscar and Ricky bloody Hatton. Seriously? What career-defining fight has he had? Nothing.

I may not see this post again, but I'm sure guys like Prettyboy and Larry will continually post 10s of excuses why Floyd avoided the best.

Also I want to ask, "Why is every ****ing year a tune up fight for Floyd? He fights once year, and pretty much takes crappy fights. Every time he comes out and fight it's a tune up, tune up, tune up and tune up.

He ducked Pac and the only way he can save his legacy is by taking on Martinez at 154...yet all we hear are excuses...
    Last edited by lfc19titles; 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM.

I agree, Mayweather has ducked far too often but he is a great fighter none the less, one with little balls, but still great. If he doesn't fight Guerrero or Canelo, he is looking at either Marquez or Pac. The Pac fight is still the biggest out there but Floyd now has a legit excuse of skipping that, he already dominated Marquez. So I don't blame him for looking at the two Mexican names. I don't really want to Mayweather v Martinez because the size differential is too much, having said that, before prison, Floyd claimed he was open to fighting Martinez, but is he really? I doubt it. He has a max of 3-4 fights left in him, he took it easy when he was 29, he will definitely take it easy now.

Comment

"Floyd mayweather fights for Floyd mayweather... Look at the Ali situation, if Ali could take it back.. He shouldn't have taken the fights the fans pushed him to (the ones he lost). Floyd Mayweather won't be pushed into fights he doesn't want ... Without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is fine."

Reading this quote shows why Ali is considered one of the greatest ever and Floyd will never be in that same league. Not only did the GOAT take fights his fans wanted, he won them (Mayweather seems to be off beat yet again). His only legit loss came to a truly great Frazier.

Comment

It is what it is. I would have liked for him to have fought more fighters in their prime.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lc9K...e=results_main

I don't know how to embed videos. But check this post interview of Mosley's post-fight interview after beating Vargas the second time. He doesn't sound too keen does he?

I guess that takes care of one of your names.

I can't even be bothered to go into timelines on Tszyu, Cotto and Martinez but anyone who knows their boxing history knows why those fights either happened when they did, or didn't at all. The only fights Mayweather could've taken that he didn't were Margarito and Pacquiao. But hey, when a fighter walks away from a 50/50 offer and stringent PED testing (which EVERYONE seems to want now), what can you do?

Mayweather is not nearly the greatest fighter of all time, one of the most skillful boxers but despite all his achievements (being champion for, what, nearly 15 years, beating more champions and former champions than anyone else of his generation, winning titles at multiple divisions, being twice fighter of the year, a top P4P fighter for a decade), inactivity and shameless pursuit of the almighty dollar has seen him miss opportunities to leave no doubt in anyone's mind of his place in boxing history.

On a side note, these threads seem to have been more in abundance in the last week or so. I guess the mourning period of a certain planking is subsiding. We must be in the "anger" phase (being that "shock", "denial" and "sadness" have passed).

Comment

Never understood the insane hype surrounding Mayweather on NSB. Sure, he's a great boxer; but he's hardly 'pushed' himself. So what if he retires undefeated? He'll always be remembered for not fighting Manny and, if this drags on, Sergio.

Comment

Martinez is a middleweight and is having knee surgery. At his age, it would not be smart for him to move down to 154. We have all seen what happens to older fighters when they try and move down.

That said, assuming Martinez could make the weight without being drained, Id love to see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Never understood the insane hype surrounding Mayweather on NSB. Sure, he's a great boxer; but he's hardly 'pushed' himself. So what if he retires undefeated? He'll always be remembered for not fighting Manny and, if this drags on, Sergio.
                If anything, most of the insane hype about him from this site is from the people who have an obsessive hatred for him. There must be damn near one million threads where posters cry like little girls l about him. I mean seriously people need to get over him, its pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  floyd claimes he is great, but what great fighter has he defeated?

hell has he ever defeated a fighter in his prime?

no, the closest was hatton but that was at 147 and he was hatton was never that good in the first place, he was good at 140 though

floyd simply avoided the most dangerous fighters through out, on youtube you can see so many videos of him admitting that, when he got called out face to face vs margo but *****ed out

when he said live on air he does not take the dangerous fighters to save his record and so on

All I see here are excuses from guys like larry

Prime Kosta, Mosley, Margo, Cotto, Pacman and martinez

excuses to why he has ducked them, it is pathetic

come on, look at his prime, who did he really fight? oscar and ricky bloody hatton, seriously?

what career defining fight has he had?

nothing

I won't see this again but I am sure guys like Prettyboy and larry post 10 excuses why he avoided the best

also I want to ask, he fights once year, and pretty much takes crappy fights, everytime we hear it is a tune up, tune up tune up and tune up

every ****ing year it is a tune up?

he ducked pac but can save his legacy by taking out martinex at 154...yet all we hear are excuses
                  That was 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. You owe me mutha****a.

Comment

I'd like to see the fight against Martinez, but is he a "prime" opponent at his age?

I don't like catchweights because there's always an excuse attached. But if either refuses to fight in the other's division, i wouldn't consider it a duck.

Comment

Working...
                    X