manny younger than hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Manny is younger than Hatton.

To be honest, take Hatton out of the equation, and it is a bit surprising given Pac's tough upbringing and ring life. He's a mentally strong person so I do think that was key...as well genetics and the success and happiness he has had made him stay younger.

Hatton on the other hand, drank and ate his way down the pisser.

I'm more on line with Pac's way of life.

Hatton's life is good one for him, and nothing wrong with that, but just not my way at this point...never has.
    man you come up with good ****, never thought of this...

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
      well i know they are both 30 but during the weigh in, manny looked like 5 years younger. is it just me or do you guys see it too?
      westerner aged faster that asians

Comment

Originally posted by what_U_PACkers View Post
        i do agree in general but i dont think it's always the case

Comment

asians look always younger than white or black... it's a fact..
          but not necessarily better looking than them.. hahahahaha

Comment

ussuallly the younger beats the old...
            It's the way they treat their bodies.

Look at Hopkins: He lived a hard life too, but his body is his temple, just like Pac treats his...so Hopkins, despite declining because of age, was still able to slow down the process and beat younger fighters.

But then you have a guy like Tyson: I forget the exact quote but I think it was Dundee who was reported to have said something like..."Tyson is the oldest 2? year old he ever saw." Tyson was in his 20's but looked very old to him. Tyson lived a hard life both physically and mentally.

Comment

It's the way they treat their bodies.

Look at Hopkins: He lived a hard life too, but his body is his temple, just like Pac treats his...so Hopkins, despite declining because of age, was still able to slow down the process and beat younger fighters.

But then you have a guy like Tyson: I forget the exact quote but I think it was Dundee who was reported to have said something like..."Tyson is the oldest 2? year old he ever saw." Tyson was in his 20's but looked very old to him. Tyson lived a hard life both physically and mentally.
              i heard hopkins is a vegan, do you think that has a major impact too?

btw, i'm not nuthuggung or anything. i just thoought that pacquiao looked more youthful between the two

Comment

Originally posted by dugongpinoy View Post
                asians look always younger than white or black... it's a fact..
                but not necessarily better looking than them.. hahahahaha
                lolz

well as long as you know that south american/ latina women are the best, then it's all good

Comment

Originally posted by what_U_PACkers View Post
                  I agree for the most part and was about to touch on this. I don't have any studies to back this up, but from my experience, I noticed this. Although, I'm judging it clearly based on American-Asians.

Up-side and a Down-side:

In American, like Europe (although maybe not exact), there is more food and better health care and better opportunities to make money.
                  However, American food and economics also can lead to someone being lazy and over-indulgent which can age the body faster because you are not in shape. The food also has chemicals/hormones for the most part so you'll have to do some searching for healthy food.
                  There is also the need to make money and out-due your neighbor so that can be very stressful, which is why you can see a lot of "suits" at the bar after work...not to mention their cocaine and stress pill habit.

So, someone with a lower income that can eat simple foods and not over-indulge, plus stay in shape because of their work, can stay healthier. There is also a better "family" way of life with Pac's life. Friends, Blood Family...it doesn't matter. The Key for them is to be happy and be together.

However, each person needs to have a positive mental out-look on life because the Mind effects the Body and vice-versa. If you over-work, like say some people in certain countries working in the fields, it can do harm...and under-work, you can get fat and lazy. The key will always be balance even though I hear stress is the key factor in death. I think the body needs a bit of stress to keep going. Plus, without stress, what enjoyment is there to life? Sex even has some level of stress on the body/mind...but what a bonus with the chemicals released when you do have sex. That helps the balance to keep you young. I've always wondered though with to much sex as example of ****-Stars burning out and being washed up at 25...or maybe that is the pills and cocaine
                  Pregnancy seems to age the body faster. That's a lot of stress.

I also wonder if it is about frame size and height since maybe smaller (but not to small) have better advantages. Tall people seem to break down faster...Heavier people as well.

Comment

I agree for the most part and was about to touch on this. I don't have any studies to back this up, but from my experience, I noticed this. Although, I'm judging it clearly based on American-Asians.

Up-side and a Down-side:

In American, like Europe (although maybe not exact), there is more food and better health care and better opportunities to make money.
                    However, American food and economics also can lead to someone being lazy and over-indulgent which can age the body faster because you are not in shape. The food also has chemicals/hormones for the most part so you'll have to do some searching for healthy food.
                    There is also the need to make money and out-due your neighbor so that can be very stressful, which is why you can see a lot of "suits" at the bar after work...not to mention their cocaine and stress pill habit.

So, someone with a lower income that can eat simple foods and not over-indulge, plus stay in shape because of their work, can stay healthier. There is also a better "family" way of life with Pac's life. Friends, Blood Family...it doesn't matter. The Key for them is to be happy and be together.

However, each person needs to have a positive mental out-look on life because the Mind effects the Body and vice-versa. If you over-work, like say some people in certain countries working in the fields, it can do harm...and under-work, you can get fat and lazy. The key will always be balance even though I hear stress is the key factor in death. I think the body needs a bit of stress to keep going. Plus, without stress, what enjoyment is there to life? Sex even has some level of stress on the body/mind...but what a bonus with the chemicals released when you do have sex. That helps the balance to keep you young. I've always wondered though with to much sex as example of ****-Stars burning out and being washed up at 25...or maybe that is the pills and cocaine

I also wonder if it is about frame size and height since maybe smaller (but not to small) has better advantages. Tall people seem to break down faster...Heavier people as well.

good post, i do agree on the most part. aging has to do with nature and nurture

Comment

i heard hopkins is a vegan, do you think that has a major impact too?

btw, i'm not nuthuggung or anything. i just thoought that pacquiao looked more youthful between the two
                      I'm actually not in favor of the vegan diet unless your ancestors lived a vegan life-style, but that is just my opinion based on experience with my own trial and error with diets.
                      I'm not even big into eating because I like it, rather because it is a must to live. If I had to give up meat and other things and could live healthy taking a Protein Shake or something, I wouldn't mind. I like certain foods but I don't crave it. Plus it sucks you have to kill to eat something but I have a mind-set on this too.

I've also noticed a lot of vegans I know that are strict, look unhealthy and pale. I still wonder if they are going against their genetic make-up if their ancestors were meat-eaters.

Cutting out Red-Meat does seem to be beneficial although for me, I try to keep a balance instead of directly cutting it out. It still provides Protein and Calories and has vitamins and minerals in it that are good for muscle.
                      Fish and Chicken are the better Meat Proteins. Plus, slower digesting Proteins/Carbs from grains and wheat. The addition of Fiber is essential. And then you need good "Fats" like Olive Oil which keep the body running better. Fats help with hormone levels.

I read the article I think posted on here about Bradley:

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...plate=printart

He seems to think it works but this is what is pointed out

Bradley said now he only gives up meat and dairy when he begins training camp. At the start of his training camp, Bradley will go through a five-day cleanse where he will try to eliminate his cravings
                      I'm not sure if Hopkins followed the above or cut out meat entirely. I wonder if he just cut out Red Meat or all meats.

No smoking, drinking, other drugs, etc. helps keep you younger. Plus, stress in your life. Hopkins said he was home-bound and enjoyed that life-style.

He never allowed himself to blow-up in weight. Each time you go up and down, it stresses the body out.

It's not nuthugging because it was a good observation.
                      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-01-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X