No announcement yet.

DAWSON: I want CALZAGHE or HOPKINS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
    Well, he is very lucky neither fighter wants him. Dawson has balls, but he wouldn't beat Calzaghe or Hopkins. He is not on there level yet. I'd pick Calzaghe to win by decision, and I'd pick Hopkins to stop Chad Dawson.

I'll take bets if any of those fights do happen, Dawson is a good fighter don't get me wrong but people still underestimate Calzaghe and Hopkins.
    We don't know how good Dawson is because no one is in a rush to face him...except other guys who no one really wants to fight. If not Chad Dawson then who? He's beaten nearly everyone else in the LHW division that matters, has expressed a willingness to fight Calzaghe in the UK and Hopkins anywhere. He's even tried to negotiate with Kessler.

Chad Dawson wants to make things happen, can't be mad at that. I like him but I'm not completely, totally convinced. But he is damn good. Sure the Johnson fight was rocky but it didn't ruin him, therefore the only other thing that fight could do was make him better. And I thought he won it close. Tarver threw punches against him and was well-prepared but got outclassed and...out-aged.

Older bigger names like Hopkins or Calzaghe will have to shut Dawson up or get out the game. Dawson isn't going anywhere and that subtle endorsement from HBO speaks volumes. Maybe Joe and 'Nard are hoping someone else beats him; a lot of welterweights bought themselves time when the other guy no one wanted to fight, Paul Williams, beat Antonio Margarito - who they damn sure didn't want to get in the ring with (for whatever reason). I wouldn't bet on that happening here. Dawson will be there - it's a question of who's got the balls to face him.

Comment

Working...
    X