No announcement yet.

What fighter likes PRESSURE FIGHTERS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
    Mayweather loves pressure fighters because it gives him the opportunity t counter
    I agree. I think he has turned that into a strength.

Shane, Marquez, Oscar, Tito, Floyd, Toney, JMM, Erik have all done well against pressure fighters.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez

Perfect opportunity for the uppercut and the combinations.

A guy with a good jab (Marquez has maybe the most underrated jab in the sport) can deal w a pressure fighter

also tall guys and hard punchers with stamina

The 07 Kelly pavlik would jones for a pressure fighter at mw because he'd just take his head off.

Something of note, very few pressure fighters are great at applying pressure. It's as much of an art as boxing.

Badass men w chins and power and stamina love pressure as much as one can

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
        I always here boxing fans say COTTO doesn't like pressure fighters, or Mayweather can't handle pressure fighters, or this fighter hates being pressured.

My question is what boxer actually LIKES pressure fighters?
        All counterboxers wants pressurefighters. That's obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by BatNelson View Post
          All counterboxers wants pressurefighters. That's obvious.
          pressuring doesnt mean throwing a lot, that's more of a swarmer.
          Pressure guys just dont give you the entire ring to work and prefer to keep the majority of the ring behind them. Some pressure fighters with low outputs. In fact.. the best "pressure" guys in the sport today and in the history of it were actually counter punchers.

Clottey and Pirog come to mind today

Comment

Pressure fighters often have limited boxing skills, which is why HOF-level guys don't struggle with them on the whole.

SSM, MP, JMM and FM all come to mind pretty quick

Comment

Mayweather loves pressure fighters because it gives him the opportunity t counter
              wifebeater hates pressure fighters. wifebeater prefers guys he can potshot to a safe victory

Comment

James toney. He eats them mother ****ers up.

Comment

Great replies.

I just find it interesting that a guy like Cotto seemingly can't handle pressure. Hopefully the addition of Manny Steward in his corner will help him deal with Margarito's and Mayorga's pressure style a bit better.

Comment

I was going to say this too. The only pressure fighter that ever gave Mayweather trouble was Castillo, and that's because Castillo is just really good.

Marquez, as already mentioned, absolutely loves pressure fighters. Pacquiao loves them. Froch I'm sure loves fighting pressure fighters. Really anyone who is a great counter puncher or loves to brawl will love to fight pressure fighters.

Comment

contrary to stupid popular belief

vitali likes pressure fighters, he WANTS his opponets to pressure him

wlad doesn't like pressure... but vitali does

Comment

Working...
                      X