Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAs Marquez PAC-1 “Robbery” Schooling or Justified Draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAs Marquez PAC-1 “Robbery” Schooling or Justified Draw?

Ideally or realistically, whichever... it’s hard to win back rounds..

PAC Marquez 1 Justifies why GGg vs Alvarez was an elegant DRAW

Justified Draw

Comment

I gotta real man,this constant GGG bashing is pathetic. Can you just talk boxing? Why are you constantly bashing him all day everyday?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        I gotta real man,this constant GGG bashing is pathetic. Can you just talk boxing? Why are you constantly bashing him all day everyday?
        I don't think you understand the extremeties of the situation and you could be naive that GGG vs Alvarez might not happen in May depending on the Lemieux vs BJS outcome. It's actually an important point, and the aura revolves around whether or not the fans want to see it again.

Take this Canelo bashing channel that's all Lil'G with 5K subscribers, who is now pushing the agenda for GGG to move on from Alvarez.

The DRAW is justfied as you said before, the rematch will end ''doubt.'' You know the dirty politics of boxing. How many times was Marquez wronged? Or rather, how many fights did Top Rank aim to make narratives that Marquez simply couldn't beat Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          let him know larry!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            let him know larry!
            it's a forum. What does opinion here effect boxing? I could troll that Crawford deserves more respect... simply because he never stated division below him or above him were easy. He just did it.

Comment

To be honest I'd have no qualms with giving all four contests to Juan Manuel Marquez. Ironically, the fourth fight was the closest. Until Manny got Plankquiao'd.

Comment

It was a justified draw.

Pac was a one-handed fighter back then, and did the same thing over, and over (quick flick of a right jab, quick shift to angle, followed by one of the fastest,and straightest, straight left hands in the history of the sport). But some rounds his speed, and power were just too much for the much more polished Marquez.

Pac won 4-5 rounds, but that first round being 10-6.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
                  To be honest I'd have no qualms with giving all four contests to Juan Manuel Marquez. Ironically, the fourth fight was the closest. Until Manny got Plankquiao'd.
                  compare a Top Rank card here vs the GBP nelo vs ggg fight. people need to keep in mind that the Bradley series was also who's promotional wing...then came Horn...

my point is, Alvarez was never hurt like Marquez, Bradley or Horn.... but they claim Sept. 16 was a robbery..

Scoring Controversy
                  Judge Guy Jutras scored the fight 115-110 for Marquez, while judge John Stewart scored it 115-110 for Pacquiao.

The third judge, Burt Clements, had a 113-113 tie. His scoring included a 10-7 opening round because, he admitted later, he did not realize he could give a 10-6 round. If Clements had scored the opening round 10-6, as the other two judges had, Pacquiao would have won by 113-112 on Clements's card and earned a split decision.

"I just screwed up," Clements said. "I feel badly because I dropped the ball, plainly and simply. You can make a lot of arguments that it was a very close fight, but that's immaterial. The fact is, I dropped the ball."

Marc Ratner, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, ruled that Clements's admission was no grounds for a protest.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
                    Ideally or realistically, whichever... it’s hard to win back rounds..

PAC Marquez 1 Justifies why GGg vs Alvarez was an elegant DRAW
                    I actually thought Manny wont the 1st fight by 1, 2nd fight was a draw, 3rd fight I had Marquez winning, and the 4th well we all know how that went...

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                    X