Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo vs. Golovkin Post-Fight Mania

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giftnelo lost. 8-4.

Comment

Great read. Yeah I don't get why everyone scored round 1 for nelo either. He didn't throw a punch until half way through the round. I know ggg was being cautious but nelo wasn't even attempting to win the round.

Also agree with his shot selection. His last two fight he neglected it entirely. Not sure why Sanchez isn't pointing that out or ggg just not throwing it but when he have guys on the ropes he's been headhunting the whole time.

Comment

GGGtards (Breadman included) don't want to admit that GGG was never that good. Anyone can look great fighting bums left right and centre. Soon as comp went up he started to struggle robbed his last two opponents.

There's a difference between fighting the Wades and Monroes of the world and fighting actual elite comp.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
          I don't understand this...its almost anger that the a fighter that everyone thought was going to be dominant ended up not. Ggg, Kovalev, Gonzalez in 1rst fight with Rungvisai. I had canelo outpointing ggg with cleaner power shots and combos. I had Rungvisai edging out choco in the first fight. Both called "robberies" to choco and ggg which is bull****! Its like the outlets and certain "fans" get mad because things dont turn out how they wanted.
          Real talk right here.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
            Great read. Yeah I don't get why everyone scored round 1 for nelo either. He didn't throw a punch until half way through the round. I know ggg was being cautious but nelo wasn't even attempting to win the round.

Also agree with his shot selection. His last two fight he neglected it entirely. Not sure why Sanchez isn't pointing that out or ggg just not throwing it but when he have guys on the ropes he's been headhunting the whole time.
            It's common sense. GGG didn't like the return fire to the head when he tried to go to the body.

Both Canelo and Jacobs punch harder than all the bums GGG has faced before. Going to the body leaves him exposed up top.

Comment

Canelo is a massive step down from the Miracle Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                It all snowballs. Once your speed declines, when you throw, you don't land as often, and you get countered in spots you didn't used to get countered in. So, you become more hesitant to throw your punches, and then that causes them to slow down even more, because you don't believe in them as much, because as a matter of fact, you shouldn't, because they're not as good anymore.

But it all starts with the physical decline. Otherwise, when did GGG lose his confidence that he could blast people out? When he broke Kell Brook's orbital bone, that made him lose confidence? When he stopped Lemieux and Murray? When? Because all of those fights, I saw signs of physical decline, but no signs of mental decline that you're talking about. Was it when he couldn't knock out Jacobs? Because the physical decline was evident early in that fight, and was I believe the reason he couldn't knock out Jacobs in the first place.
                I could tell the difference in the Jacobs fight. For the first part of the fight he hardly threw any punches. I thought he was just pacing himself but when he picked it up in the later rounds he was still hesitating even when there were openings. He had the same hesitation against Canelo. That's why he missed so much.

I don't necessarily see the physical decline you're talking about but it could also a combination of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Damn Breadman respect for being the only media person to give voice to my exact frustrations. They ducked him for so long until he declined, and boy has he. But Bread do you give any credence to Virgil Hunter and Victor Conte's theory that it's not age that has declined GGG by itself, but rather overtraining in altitude and then sleeping and recovering, or should I say failing to properly recover, in altitude, where there is not enough oxygen in the air during sleep to repair all the muscles that he works out during the day?

Please post your opinion on this, and if you can, for the sake of GGG, contact someone on his team and bring this up. If there is anything at this point that can be done to help him regain some of the high twitch snap and explosion he used to have on his punches, I want them to be aware of it, and do it. It seems like Virgil Hunter, Conte, and others are aware of the mistakes Abel is potentially making in GGG's physical preparation, but Abel, GGG, and his team are not, so someone for the love of Santa Clause please ****ing tell them! They can only fix the problem if someone educates them that the problem exists!
                  What you are saying isn't what modern endurance athletes do though. Current training is typically live in high elevation (to get the natural EPO production) and train in low elevation where VO2 Max is higher. Training and living at high elevation increases EPO production but your body' is essentially capped in how hard it can work due to the lack of oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... breadman: "I thought GGG won the fight. But..."

... But... but... but...

did you give as much attention to bread's breakdown of the Golovkin/Jacobs fight..... or is it only with Canelo you listen to bread?

b,b,b,b,but.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      Giftnelo lost. 8-4.

like a wise man once said....

the fat red kid is gonna lite that boy up like a christmas tree

with LOTS of spectacular judge-friendly punches
                      Last edited by aboutfkntime; 09-19-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X