No announcement yet.

How did Miguel Cotto become a PR superstar? Thanks to Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Miguel Cotto become a PR superstar? Thanks to Arum

Has no charisma with a personality of a wood. He doesnt hold victories over great opponents, got sht pushed in by margo during his prime.

Tito before him had all the ingredients to be a PR superstar in boxing. He was a fearless puncher and had that charisma.

How did Arum turn kneeguel into a star?

Kneeguel is short, ugly, has t-rex arms like a chump and has like zero personality.

Punk is ungrateful to arum.

He only joint Arum when he fought Pacquiao, before that he was with GBP. But I agree, don't know why he's so popular for such a not-so-great fighter and personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
      He only joint Arum when he fought Pacquiao, before that he was with GBP. But I agree, don't know why he's so popular for such a not-so-great fighter and personality.

He was with Arum for like 90% of his career, he started with Top rank not GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        He isn't a star though. I know a lot of Puerto Ricans and they don't recognize Cotto. Those that do recognize him just do it out of desperation in lack of stars.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Has no charisma with a personality of a wood. He doesnt hold victories over great opponents, got sht pushed in by margo during his prime.

Tito before him had all the ingredients to be a PR superstar in boxing. He was a fearless puncher and had that charisma.

Kneeguel is short, ugly, has t-rex arms like a chump and has like zero personality.

Punk is ungrateful to arum.
          I guess you felt the need to suck off Bob Arum.

Comment

You don't need a personality like Tito to be a superstar. Cotto got his status by being a great fighter with a killer left hook and a crowd pleasing style. He was a no nonsense type of personality, stoic and quiet. A lot of fans appreciate what he has done in his career. I really don't get the hate Cotto has been getting lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              He was with Arum for like 90% of his career, he started with Top rank not GBP.
              Noob alert, amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post

Comment

cotto benefitted from a lack of PR boxing stars at the time of trinidad's exodus from boxing. it's hard to understand just how popular [and good] trinidad was in the 90's unless you were following boxing at the time.

it wasn't all that tough [and obviously arum did a great job,] to create a superstar in that climate. there are tons of PRs in the new york and new jersey area, and they support PR boxers. arum had a guy with power and the skills to beat a fading but still sharp mosley, and he invested in marketing him and turned him into a star.

cotto also had a very good / great welterweight era with a lot of top competition and appetizing fights. pacquiao and mayweather are two fo the biggest stars in the history of the sport, and he was a WW / JMW in their era and fought both.

Comment

What have you done for boxing ??? What I tought nada, 0 , so sthu and just keep watching history in the making ... Champion in 4 different weight divisions , ex-olympian with an outstanding amateur record ... and you ? nada , 0 ....

Comment

Working...
                    X