Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook quit, was gassed going to get stopped.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All in View Post
    I guess brook is just not as tough as you.
    Boxing is a tough sport. Maybe tennis would be more your thing

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      Boxing is a tough sport. Maybe tennis would be more your thing
      Wow, your funny.

Comment

You guys have successfully convinced me that he quit because of the punishment he was taking more than the eye. He barely even pawed at it or started blinking heavily until that 11th round. I've watched the fight like 4 times already. He only starts blinking and pawing after getting hit with a huge left to the body in that final round.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
          You guys have successfully convinced me that he quit because of the punishment he was taking more than the eye. He barely even pawed at it or started blinking heavily until that 11th round. I've watched the fight like 4 times already. He only starts blinking and pawing after getting hit with a huge left to the body in that final round.
          Am telling you he straight up quit due to the punishment he was taking to the body, that eye had nothing to do with it. He said he thought he was ahead in the fight. If he knew he was ahead then why did he quit? Any boxer with heart would move, dance, defend that eye with their gloves if the eye was the problem. But nope those body punches destroyed his confidence, his heart and took away everything he had. That eye was the perfect excuse to say see "am a warrior"

We saw what a warrior look like when David Haye fought on with one leg against Bellew and went out on his back, didn't make any excuse after the fight.

Brook has made a career of fighting bums and this fight finally caught up with him, he basically waste his talent because he never push himself except for the Porter fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Am telling you he straight up quit due to the punishment he was taking to the body, that eye had nothing to do with it. He said he thought he was ahead in the fight. If he knew he was ahead then why did he quit? Any boxer with heart would move, dance, defend that eye with their gloves if the eye was the problem. But nope those body punches destroyed his confidence, his heart and took away everything he had. That eye was the perfect excuse to say see "am a warrior"

We saw what a warrior look like when David Haye fought on with one leg against Bellew and went out on his back, didn't make any excuse after the fight.

Brook has made a career of fighting bums and this fight finally caught up with him, he basically waste his talent because he never push himself except for the Porter fight.
            I think that was a case of being too brave for your own good, especially after the backlash he received with the Klitschko toe fiasco.

There was no way he would have dared put himself through the ridicule of boxing fans/trolls who essentially don't give a fuck about a boxers well-being. He had every right not to continue, but as Brook quitting is proving, how dare you not put your health at risk for us 'fans' who at most would just post their sympathetic messages on a message board if anything bad were to happen.

Just look at the likes of Watson, McLellan, or more recently Eduard Gutknecht, who fell to a coma after the Groves fight and is now unable to walk and barely speak and will have to be in care for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
              I think that was a case of being too brave for your own good, especially after the backlash he received with the Klitschko toe fiasco.

There was no way he would have dared put himself through the ridicule of boxing fans/trolls who essentially don't give a fuck about a boxers well-being. He had every right not to continue, but as Brook quitting is proving, how dare you not put your health at risk for us 'fans' who at most would just post their sympathetic messages on a message board if anything bad were to happen.

Just look at the likes of Watson, McLellan, or more recently Eduard Gutknecht, who fell to a coma after the Groves fight and is now unable to walk and barely speak and will have to be in care for the rest of his life.

Haye learned from his toe incident doesn't mean he should fought on with one leg, an injury that was obvious to the eye. This is the second time In Brook case, funny how people try to bring Watson, Mclellan etc into this... those were real warriors not because of their injuries but they had gone through adversity previously. We have Brook here claiming he is a warrior right after quitting a fight he claimed he was winning with one and a half rounds to go.

My issue wasn't him quitting, my issue was him using that eye as an excuse to quit, how dare he lie to his fans in his own hometown. He got beat up and couldn't take anymore and he quit period!!!

He didn't quit because he couldn't see, he didn't quit because of the GGG fight etc, he quit because the better man/prospect destroyed his body and he wanted out of there.

Gullible idiots can believe his eye caused him to quit but am having none of that shit from the supposedly man at 147.

Comment

Brook was in there to actually win and not survive. I just don't see how any boxing fan can call Brook a quitter after displaying such a courageous and spirited effort in a highly competitive and hotly contested bout with Errol Spence, Jr. So under the circumstances he did the right thing.

Some of you guys act like Kell laid down and just gave his title to Errol. Now that's a quitter in my opinion; But no, he did not. He made Spence take it away from him. He forced him to bite down and dig deep in order to win that title.

Every man has his limits and unfortunately after eleven rounds of battle with Errol Spence, Jr Brook reached his. He hit a wall to the point where he was too weak, tired and injured to compete but only survive. So there was nothing left for him to do but to be brave and risk a permanent and potentially career ending injury.

Comment

Working...
                X