Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONLY reason why Golovkin has been at 160 for so long was because of Ward168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG walks into the ring at around 170-172 on fight night. Most SMWs are walking into the ring at 180+. Don't understand all this talk that he needs to move to 168 when there is no one there to fight anyway. Ward moved to 175 because there was no one at 168, and his frame is much larger than GGG. If you are going to make the argument that GGG needs to fight Ward at 168 (Ward never really made an honest effort to get that fight made) then there's no reason why GGG couldn't drop six pounds to fight Floyd. But Floyd shyt himself when both Martinez and GGG offered to come down to 154. Can't have double-standards.

Comment

do you also realize that in 2 years, you made over 10,000 posts on this site alone? i can only imagine you also do facebook, twitter, Instagram, kik, snapchat, and a bunch of other ****. you need to get off that couch, man. your life is lacking purpose

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
        if you're implying that he didn't want ward, correct. but that isn't why he stays at his natural weight, genius. for one, froch and Chavez jr would bring a lot more money than fighting ward. each one has an entire country for a fan base, whereas andre ward has Oakland California, and all the weed dispensaries behind him. sorry, but that's not enough to justify fighting a very good boxer, who'll also use his head, forearms, and hold, when you can fight someone of similar size who'll most likely stand and fight, and you can make a whole lot more money. I love and appreciate the skills of ward, and he's a winner, but fighting him doesn't do a whole lot for business, or for the fans. ppl don't form lines around the block to see that style of boxing
        which name from the three did networks, kellerman, roy, atlas, floyd, etc...state that would be a good matchup for just the hell of it, forget ''p4p'' in which boxing likes to talk about... ready:

1. Chavez Jr.
        2. froch
        3. Ward

which name of the three has been synomous with Golovkin for let's say...5 years give or take!

Comment

do you also realize that in 2 years, you made over 10,000 posts on this site alone? i can only imagine you also do facebook, twitter, Instagram, kik, snapchat, and a bunch of other ****. you need to get off that couch, man. your life is lacking purpose
          actually I don't use facebook, a bit of twitter SOMETIMES to troll but rarely, Instagram as well. I actually have friends that make fun of me that I don't have an Instagram account. I don't do snapchat or the other programs you're mentioning. sorry to make you look awkward regarding that.

I like boxing. I'm glad my posts spook you. welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            GGG walks into the ring at around 170-172 on fight night. Most SMWs are walking into the ring at 180+. Don't understand all this talk that he needs to move to 168 when there is no one there to fight anyway. Ward moved to 175 because there was no one at 168, and his frame is much larger than GGG. If you are going to make the argument that GGG needs to fight Ward at 168 (Ward never really made an honest effort to get that fight made) then there's no reason why GGG couldn't drop six pounds to fight Floyd. But Floyd shyt himself when both Martinez and GGG offered to come down to 154. Can't have double-standards.
            wait, you just said Ward moved up to 175 because there was no one to fight at 168!

thanks for agreeing with my point! lol

Comment

of the people you mentioned, teddy atlas is a drunk and he doesn't know ****.. all he does is drink whiskey at every damn fight he commentates, consistently call **** wrong, and give horrible demonstrations of what fighters need to do to win, where he says "BANG BANG", and makes a bloody jackass out of himself. his alcohol problem, and his obvious bias doesn't allow him to call anything correctly. max Kellerman is also extremely biased and talks throughout the entire program. these commentators just talk and talk and talk, and their opinion is not valid. I turn the volume off whenever i watch boxing, so i can see what's going on, instead of hearing them talk non stop. try it sometimes, it's great. roy is the only one who knows boxing, and teddy has the audacity to argue with him at times, when he's all juiced up. floyd is floyd, no comment

Comment

of the people you mentioned, teddy atlas is a drunk and he doesn't know ****.. all he does is drink whiskey at every damn fight he commentates, consistently call **** wrong, and give horrible demonstrations of what fighters need to do to win, where he says "BANG BANG", and makes a bloody jackass out of himself. his alcohol problem, and his obvious bias doesn't allow him to call anything correctly. max Kellerman is also extremely biased and talks throughout the entire program. these commentators just talk and talk and talk, and their opinion is not valid. I turn the volume off whenever i watch boxing, so i can see what's going on, instead of hearing them talk non stop. try it sometimes, it's great. roy is the only one who knows boxing, and teddy has the audacity to argue with him at times, when he's all juiced up. floyd is floyd, no comment
                I can see the points have frustrated you, and ironically you agree with Roy, who also said Golovkin should've fought Ward...

How are Golovkin fans so geeked about him fighting Alvarez, a guy moving north to 160, as if this is GGG's legacy solidification, but the thought of him fighting Ward at 168 when he had the opportunity is just fine?

Golovkin fans are dorks.

how many CHampions are there at 168? How in da fck people say Golovkin has no one to fight there? What does that even mean?! GGG fans swear he can beat Ramirez, another Mexican champ.

Golovkin must be dumbest boxer alive. He could easily take Ramirez's belt and be a 2 division champ correct? That's the theory? That means Alvarez would still be pressured to fight Golovkin at 168 correct?

Comment

Potentially this year's biggest fight is now set. K2 has been chasing this for a couple years, possibly longer. I'd say closing Golovkin-Alvarez has been a far stronger reason to stay at MW than avoiding Ward at 168 (and most def K2 did not want the latter).

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                    Potentially this year's biggest fight is now set. K2 has been chasing this for a couple years, possibly longer. I'd say closing Golovkin-Alvarez has been a far stronger reason to stay at MW than avoiding Ward at 168 (and most def K2 did not want the latter).
                    so if Golovkin loses his straps, was it worth it for K2 to ditch the WBO and solidify Undisputed with Saunders? At least that would've been a wrap, second would be to beat Hopkins record.

If K2 uses the narrative that they will still accomplish beating Hopkins record and still acquire the WBO then so be it, but surely Alvarez is no push over... many people say Golovkin and K2 are cashing out. Which ones is most believable?

Of COURSE I want Alvarez vs Golovkin, it just seems like a win win scenario for Alvarez. Golovkin and K2 have everything to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                      so if Golovkin loses his straps, was it worth it for K2 to ditch the WBO and solidify Undisputed with Saunders? At least that would've been a wrap, second would be to beat Hopkins record.
                      Yes. I suspect K2 is confident that GGG can beat Canelo; the fight is far riskier than snatching the WBO belt from Saunders, but the big money involved makes it an easy decision, especially if there's a rematch in the contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X