No announcement yet.

the fact that most people on here thought Rigo was going to get KTFO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the fight 50/50.

5 mins before the fight, in the RBR thread.. I said **** it final prediction Rigo by Round 9 tko.

But I had it 50/50 flip a coin.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
      wasn't marroquin like 136lbs on fight night against rigondeaux? him being bigger didn't prevent his ass from hitting the canvas twice though..and the heaviest donaire has weighed on fight night is 132lbs, which was against mathebula...
      So Marroquin is as good as nonoto now? Gotcha.

Comment

I joined this forum last month.. and I've been saying since the beginning when the fight was signed that Nonito was going to be exposed. Rigondeaux washed Nonito as we all saw and thankfully so because it is amazing how many experts and people "who know boxing" gave Donaire a chance.

It reminded me so candidly of a pre-knockout Manny Pacquiao where millions upon millions and boxing experts pick Manny to win against Mayweather. A lot of these experts are ****.. and most of the posters here are ****. You look at the poll, vast majority picked Donaire to win. I was smiling at the fact that I knew everyone would had been wrong.. I been saying from the beginning that Nonito is **** and Rigondeaux will outbox him and if Nonito gets frustrated he will go to sleep, make his fans the neo-pacquiao fans.

Anyway now majority is saying that Rigondeaux is a better boxer than Floyd.. and once again I am in the minority saying nope, and he will never be. Floyd got robbed of a gold medal, he also outboxed Whitaker when was still an amateur. Floyd is also has much more versatility with his defense and offense. He also have never be unaware to get knocked off his feet or anything.

I just seen

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          This is true but don't think Rigo is unbeatable. I think the biggest mistake on Doanires part was giving Rigo too much respect.

If you look at the Marroquin fight, he came forward. Yes he was knocked down but he hurt Rigo twice because he was more aggressive.

Donaire thought he could box with Rigo and play his game, he was wrong. When Doanire pressured in the last 3 rounds, he did much better but it was too little too late.

Who knows what would have happened but I don't think Rigo is unbeatable, I think a rugged, strong chinned pressure fighter can give him trouble.

Leo Santa Cruz anyone?
          Totally agree. Great win but he's still got a lot left to accomplish at the pro level. I think Santa Cruz has as good of a chance as anybody currently at 122.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            Everyone's a genius post fight.
            Exactly.

For all the Rigo- Donaires and Alvarado-Rios 2's I have got right, I have Pavlik-Hopkins, and Margarito-Cintron 2 under my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Marroquin also got knocked on his ass twice and nearly koed. Rigo would have done same to donaire if he forced it more.
              You don't know that. Marroquin had him hurt and Donaire is a bigger, stronger puncher than him.

I think pressure is the key but either way, it's a tall order because Rigo is that good.

Comment

Cuban boxers have discipline.

Comment

I like how everyone say Cuban boxers have discipline.. it's just the fact that Rigondeaux has excellent craft. Fact is you can say African American boxers have discipline when looking at a Sugar Ray Robinson and Floyd Mayweather... as they are the epitome of master class. Rigondeaux I think is also up there but his victory against Nonito is nothing special in my eyes, it just woke up all of you who was sleeping on EL Chacal.. it should teach you to appreciate the art of boxing. Mayweather been displaying it for years, that's why he was #1 P4P since 2004/5.. where the **** you all been?

Comment

Every boxer or "expert" picked Donaire cause they're bias. But if we listened to trainers who have seen Rigo in the gym, they told us Rigo would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
                      I like how everyone say Cuban boxers have discipline.. it's just the fact that Rigondeaux has excellent craft. Fact is you can say African American boxers have discipline when looking at a Sugar Ray Robinson and Floyd Mayweather... as they are the epitome of master class. Rigondeaux I think is also up there but his victory against Nonito is nothing special in my eyes, it just woke up all of you who was sleeping on EL Chacal.. it should teach you to appreciate the art of boxing. Mayweather been displaying it for years, that's why he was #1 P4P since 2004/5.. where the **** you all been?
                      I saw Chacon-Limon IV live in 1981 at Sacramento Memorial with my pops and uncle at the age of six.

So I've been around for a second or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X