Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't conceive how people believe Matthysse weighed 163. He's never been higher then low 150's before, he's 5'6, and he doesn't look anywhere near 163.

I don't give a **** what some "UNOFFICIAL" scale says. I have watched enough boxing to know Matthysse was no where near 163.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      I can't conceive how people believe Matthysse weighed 163. He's never been higher then low 150's before, he's 5'6, and he doesn't look anywhere near 163.

I don't give a **** what some "UNOFFICIAL" scale says. I have watched enough boxing to know Matthysse was no where near 163.
      Showtime confirmed it even after the telecast. And he isn't 5'6", people need to stop looking at falsified heights. Bradley is 5'6".

Now look at Alexander and Matthysse.

For arguments sake, zab judah is supposed to be 5'7".

Fighters heights are almost ALWAYS wrong. Matthysse isn't that short, he just isn't.

Comment

• gained 25 pounds overnight???

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          Weight is only half the story. Sure, he can make the cut and bring the size with him effectively, but thats 7lbs of extra power missing from his frame. Maidana campaigning there is adjusting and putting on the proper weight now - that's why weight classes are just that.. weight class.

Josesito Lopez got as high as 185lbs between fights. He was heavier than Canelo at the 30 day weigh in AND the night of the fight, he's a 140lbs fighter fighting at 154 that night.

Im not sure how showing Lopez 10 pounds heavier then usual but looking much chubbier and bigger then usual proves about Lucas who looks the same as always yet "gained" 13-15 pounds more then usual

Comment

Showtime confirmed it even after the telecast. And he isn't 5'6", people need to stop looking at falsified heights. Bradley is 5'6".

[IMG]http://*********.com/Boxing/20101207bradley003.jpg[/IMG]

Fighters heights are almost ALWAYS wrong. Matthysse isn't that short, he just isn't.
            So Matthysse is like 5'8 then I'd say? That does sound more realistic.

But still, you are telling me Matthysse, the guy in the ring last night... Who is an inch shorter then Victor Ortiz and Canelo. No where near as thick through the body. Weighs the same amount as those guys on fight night?

An inch shorter, not as thick, yet weighs the same. It's never been done in boxing before. Not only in boxing but in life. It's physically impossible.

Then take in the fact Matthysse has never weighed in over low 150's and the case is solved. It doesn't take a lot of logic to see the truth here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Im not sure how showing Lopez 10 pounds heavier then usual but looking much chubbier and bigger then usual proves about Lucas who looks the same as always yet "gained" 13-15 pounds more then usual
              You missed the argument. he said that lucas could fight at 147 based on the weight he gained. My argument is no, Lopez is proof that you still need to at least compaign at the weight for a few. Lopez carried the weight as well, it didn't mean he was appropriate there or as effective.

Comment

The photos are taken at an angel making it hard to tell height and you dont know if 1 guy is wearing shoes or anything like that

Trying to guess height is meaningless.

Comment

You missed the argument. he said that lucas could fight at 147 based on the weight he gained. My argument is no, Lopez is proof that you still need to at least compaign at the weight for a few. Lopez carried the weight as well, it didn't mean he was appropriate there or as effective.
                  Oh sorry i missed that. I agree with you

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    So Matthysse is like 5'8 then I'd say? That does sound more realistic.

But still, you are telling me Matthysse, the guy in the ring last night... Who is an inch shorter then Victor Ortiz and Canelo. No where near as thick through the body. Weighs the same amount as those guys on fight night?

An inch shorter, not as thick, yet weighs the same. It's never been done in boxing before. Not only in boxing but in life. It's physically impossible.

Then take in the fact Matthysse has never weighed in over low 150's and the case is solved. It doesn't take a lot of logic to see the truth here.
                    No, i wouldn't believe Lucas weighed as much as Ortiz. Ortiz use to go to 160 after weighing in at 140, and you could actually SEE that he gained the weight. Watch the size different versus him and Maidana on fight night, it was visible. Granted, Ortiz is also built differently. He has a large lat spread and it could give the illusion that he is much bigger than we believe. Also, we don't take into account that he has pretty dense legs. Against Josesito Lopez i got the impression that Victor was the smaller man. Jose didn't look bloated, he looked physically stronger, taller, everything. Against Floyd i got the impression they were the same size. Proportions tend to do that, I posted pictures of myself on page 13 showing how I tend to look bigger, lighter, and smaller, heavier.

It's hard to say, honestly. Outside of his large back, his measurements could be pretty close to that of lucas's... in terms of proportion. But, that's pushing it. I don't believe Lucas weighed as much as victor ortiz, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      The photos are taken at an angel making it hard to tell height and you dont know if 1 guy is wearing shoes or anything like that

Trying to guess height is meaningless.
                      trying to guess weight is as well, thats what scales are for.

Comment

Working...
                      X