No announcement yet.

Matthysse definitely took a Dive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthysse definitely took a Dive

Let me just say that it's very rare to see a top calibre Boxer actually throw a fight. Fight fixing usually comes through officials a la refs, judges, etc.

With that said, I just examined the evidence from several sources, angles, etc. The second knockdown, come on man but the final knockdown --- no way that was legit.

He probably got in on it and bet a bundle on a Prop Bet through various means.

If you bet on Pacquiao to win in Round 6, you got a 50/1 multiplier. Follow the money namsayin?

I think his eye never recovered from the Postol fight and that's why he didn't want to risk going blind in his lead eye. Not too dumb if you ask me, Barrera and others were also forced to retire due to eye injuries and it's a wise decision to quit before you go blind. Look at his eye after both fights.

Matthysse should really retire soon, the hunger isn't there and the eye is messed up, hopefully he has enough money to stop fighting.

Comment

Even if he didn't "take a dive," he was definitely there to lay down. Which I guess you could argue means he took a dive.

Comment

He looked like a fighter that realised he doesn't want to fight anymore once the fight started. I don't think he took a dive as such, but i think he wanted out and was happy when it was over.

Similar to Haye in his last fight. As the rounds went on, i think you could see Haye realising it's not there anymore. Credit to Haye, he went out fighting and didn't lay down but it felt like you could almost sense the relief once it was over.

Comment

He just didn't have an answer to anything that Pac-Man was throwing. Outclassed!

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            Let me just say that it's very rare to see a top calibre Boxer actually throw a fight. Fight fixing usually comes through officials a la refs, judges, etc.

With that said, I just examined the evidence from several sources, angles, etc. The second knockdown, come on man but the final knockdown --- no way that was legit.

He probably got in on it and bet a bundle on a Prop Bet through various means.

If you bet on Pacquiao to win in Round 6, you got a 50/1 multiplier. Follow the money namsayin?
            I don’t think it was a fix but he definitely came there with a pathetic mentallity. Matthysse ain’t got it anymore, once the going gets tough he wanted out. I don’t think he even tried everything he trained for at that point yet. He wasn’t going for broke either.
            In the last round he was like “imma gonna give up after one more solid shot to me face”
            he was definitely waiting for that moment where it’ll be acceptable to quit.

Credit where its due to pacman though, he came to fight no matter what version of matthysse came— and that one was just not enough.

Comment

Let’s be honest the last time Lucas was a true professional fighter was the Danny Garcia fight, stop kidding yourselves.
              The guy tried his best but he got old the past 3 years , it happens to everyone. If you have followed boxing long enough you always see the former champion, who can draw fans get that last breath of fresh air win a couple of fights against fighters that are a shell of themselves and get that last huge pay day,
              That’s what Manny is getting right before our eyes. Maybe he fights Horn again wins that fight easy then gets a Huge Payday against Spence , Crawford or Keith Thurmond, maybe even Amir Kahn, that’s a big fight in Europe A lot of money to be made off of that easy win vs Lucas.
              And that’s that !

Comment

get a grip u punk. matthysse just wasn't mentally prepared. when you face pacquiao even at this age u have to be mentally 200% ready!! he felt the power and speed and decided enough was enough. lost every round dropped 3 times. get lost with ur pathetic attempt at a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  get a grip u punk. matthysse just wasn't mentally prepared. when you face pacquiao even at this age u have to be mentally 200% ready!! he felt the power and speed and decided enough was enough. lost every round dropped 3 times. get lost with ur pathetic attempt at a conspiracy.
                  Lucas was pretty pathetic no matter what the reason.
                  I read before the fight that he was willing to die in the ring.
                  This guy should get sued by everyone who laid a bet on him.

Comment

Everybody agrees Lucas fought a poor fight and show very little will to win. You are the only one I know of who said he took a dive. With all the world watching you would think someone else besides your self would spot it as a dive. I think he is a shot fighter who may have quit when he got beat up. I don't think he entered the ring to lose on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                    X