Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were HBO commentators to bias against lemeuix?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why were HBO commentators to bias against lemeuix?

Why did they want stevens to win? Seemed like they ignored the ass whipping while it lasted, praised stevens for his minuscule work, ad claimed lemeuix was "slowing down" several times when he clearly was not. Lemeuix started to pick his punches more because stevens had the guard up.

How would it benefit HBO if stevens won?

Lmao stop it just say lampley I have hbo and I chose box nation instead.

Comment

because they dont support quebec's independence

Comment

HBO and Golden Boy have exclusive access to Curtis Stevens. He generates money exclusively for them and exclusively in America. David Lemieux is managed out of Canada and his fights are distributed by Videotron and Eye Of The Tiger.

They have a set narrative and follow it accordingly. Stevens winning is more beneficial for HBO than Lemieux winning.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfGlory View Post
          HBO and Golden Boy have exclusive access to Curtis Stevens. He generates money exclusively for them and exclusively in America. David Lemieux is managed out of Canada and his fights are distributed by Videotron and Eye Of The Tiger.

They have a set narrative and follow it accordingly. Stevens winning is more beneficial for HBO than Lemieux winning.
          I thought Stevens is sign to Main Event

Comment

The only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Canadian one.

Comment

HBO commentators tend to exaggerate any good work from the underdog. For almost 5 years, after every Golovkin fight, when he maybe loses 20 seconds of a round, max will say "maybe Golovkin showed he is vulnerable enough for other guys to get in the ring with him" lol. Roy just goes for whoever he likes better personally.

Comment

Working...
              X