Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s resume is outstanding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Sure, why not.

So Floyd ducked Winky? If Pac ducked Floyd that has to be the rules.
    Well that doesn't make sense.

In both scenario's it was the other side that walked away from reasonable offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Sure, why not.

So Floyd ducked Winky? If Pac ducked Floyd that has to be the rules.
      Ok, so we can tell djtmal can stop all this madness.

If you blame floyd for the wright fight not happening, ok.

But some of the other stuff you posted, like Casamayor, Frietas, Shane was crazy.

edit: interesting. Wright walks away, Floyd ducked. Manny walked away, you said Floyd ducked as well.

Why can't the rule just be the guy that walked away is the guy that ducked?
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-17-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        if this was any other fighter, this would be a fighter ducking by pricing himself out of the fight, but since its floyd.....
        Pricing yourself out by offering a career high pay day???

That would be a first

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Pricing yourself out by offering a career high pay day???

That would be a first
          floyd changed the term to a higher split in his favor

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Why can't the rule just be the guy that walked away is the guy that ducked?
            ok here you go....

Mayweather turns down $8 million to fight Margarito
            Apr 25, 2006
            Dan Rafael
            ESPN Senior Writer
            Facebook
            Twitter
            Facebook Messenger
            Pinterest
            Email
            print
            comment
            Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. rejected promoter Bob Arum's $8 million offer to fight welterweight titlist Antonio Margarito, and he instead exercised a provision in his contract to buy Arum out and become a promotional free agent, Arum told ESPN.com on Monday.

According to Arum, Mayweather turned down the career-best purse to meet Margarito on Aug. 12 on HBO Pay-Per-View, instead opting for free agency by buying Arum out of their deal for $750,000.

"I did hear from him," Arum said of Mayweather. "He decided not to fight this summer. I made him a tremendous offer. I think Margarito is the riskiest fight for him of anyone out there."

Comment

floyd changed the term to a higher split in his favor
              So Gary Shaw say's.

And again even if that were true Winky STILL walked away from a career pay day.

How can you "price yourself out" when you are offering more money than he's ever made?

Literally makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I don't know that this is real. You didn't post the link. You could be making it up or it could have come from a fake website like the other trash you posted initially.
                Q: After you challenged him, a week later, Mayweather wished you good luck in your career which seemed to indicate he’s not interested in fighting you. He also mentioned that he challenged you twice, and he claims that you turned him down back in 1999 and again in 2006. Did you really turn him down?

A: Like I said, he’s really a liar. He likes to lie a lot. In 1999 there’s a film where he’s fighting in Michigan when he was fighting at 130 and I was fighting at 135, and I asked him, like when HBO does the prefight analysts talk to the fighters before they fight. I talked to him, and hopefully it’s recorded somewhere—I think it was on FX—I asked him, “Are you planning on coming up to lightweight to fight me?” And he said, “No,” He had no intention of coming to lightweight to fight me, he wanted t beat Carlos Monzon’s record. He didn’t want to come to lightweight. That’s when I jumped from lightweight to welterweight to fight Oscar De La Hoya. That was the first incident that he’s talking about, so he turned me down in 1999.

Now, the other time he’s talking about is when I fought three times—one, two, three, back-to-back-to-back—and they tried to rush me to fight him right away, like two or three months later. I said, give me a month, and we’ll do it like, I think it was in January—I said, “We’ll do it in January”. They wanted to do it in like November or December, and I said, “Give me a month and we’ll do it in January or February.” They didn’t want to do that. So they chose to fight Oscar De La Hoya. I said, “Go ahead and fight Oscar, and if you beat Oscar, then let’s get busy. Let’s do this.” He beat Oscar—he didn’t want to fight me.

He’s been turning me down. I hate when he continues to say, “Oh, he turned me down because of a tooth ache”. Yeah. I got head butted in that fight that and my tooth was loose that night. They asked me to fight Mayweather and I said, “Give me an extra month, and I’ll fight him.” He didn’t want to fight me, which was cool. He could go and fight Oscar because that’s more money. Okay. That’s cool, but after that fight if you win—fight me. He didn’t want to do that. He chose to retire or fight somebody else. I’m getting tired of that lie! They need to wipe that lie out of there. The reporters and stuff, they keep saying it, so that lie needs to be talked about.

Comment

ok here you go....

Apr 25, 2006
                  Dan Rafael
                  ESPN Senior Writer
                  Facebook
                  Twitter
                  Facebook Messenger
                  Pinterest
                  Email
                  print
                  comment
                  Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. rejected promoter Bob Arum's $8 million offer to fight welterweight titlist Antonio Margarito, and he instead exercised a provision in his contract to buy Arum out and become a promotional free agent, Arum told ESPN.com on Monday.

According to Arum, Mayweather turned down the career-best purse to meet Margarito on Aug. 12 on HBO Pay-Per-View, instead opting for free agency by buying Arum out of their deal for $750,000.

"I did hear from him," Arum said of Mayweather. "He decided not to fight this summer. I made him a tremendous offer. I think Margarito is the riskiest fight for him of anyone out there."
                  So which one is it?

Is the guy walking away and turning down career pay days the guy ducking or is the guy trying to get more than that ducking?

Because you are blaming Floyd for both.

You are not consistent.

The guy who walks away from the more than reasonable deal is the guy who's at fault. That's just basic common sense.

Mayweather walked away from the Margarito deal. He is at fault for that fight not happening. Right or wrong.

Same thing for Pacquaio in 2010 and Winky Wright in 2005.

These three men walked away from career high pay days in these fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    So Gary Shaw say's.

And again even if that were true Winky STILL walked away from a career pay day.

How can you "price yourself out" when you are offering more money than he's ever made?

Literally makes no sense.

the fact remains floyd last minute changed the terms of the agreement, thus breaking it...

he ain't want it...

Comment

ok here you go....

Apr 25, 2006
                      Dan Rafael
                      ESPN Senior Writer
                      Facebook
                      Twitter
                      Facebook Messenger
                      Pinterest
                      Email
                      print
                      comment

Floyd Mayweather paid $750,000 to get out of his contract in 2006, and it made him hundreds of millions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...op-rank-2015-4

Arum told ESPN's Dan Rafael at the time that before he left Mayweather had asked, among other things, for a $20 million guaranteed purse to fight Oscar De La Hoya. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road," Arum said.

A year later, Mayweather made $25 million in a fight against De La Hoya that still holds the record for total pay per view buys.

Comment

Working...
                      X