Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Vitali Klitschko a harder puncher than AJ and DW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Vitali Klitschko a harder puncher than AJ and DW?

Klitschko knocked out 27 consecutive opponents to start his career.

When he retired, only 4 opponents in his 45 victories made it to the end to hear the cards.

Those four opponents had combined record of 110-7-2 when they fought Klitschko.

Only one of those four opponents had been knocked out prior to facing Klitschko.

As this is posted, those four opponents have only been knocked out a grand total of nine times. Three of the four are still active and well past their primes.

I saw an interview where Chris Byrd said that Wladimir hit much harder than Vitali even though his KO ratio was lower.

Comment

I wanted to see Ike Ibeabuchi vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Now I'm hoping to see Efe Ajagba vs. Filip Hrgovic.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        I saw an interview where Chris Byrd said that Wladimir hit much harder than Vitali even though his KO ratio was lower.
        True that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

Ike struggled against Tua who Byrd mopped the floor with. Vitali would've battered him.

The two below are nothing like Ike and Vitali. They're both too slow and lethargic.

Comment

I think Wlad was more 1 punch KO power than Vitali. Vitali would beat up his opponents into a TKO win typically.

With that said, Vitali's chin was unreal. Wlad could only dream he ever had that damn chin. He would of been so much more complete.

Comment

No, but his style was more destructive than Joshua's and Wilder's.

He would've ****ed them up in his prime.

Comment

Vitali was such an awkward fighter with a very high punch output. It looked at times as if he was arm punching, but those punches clearly had an impact on his opponents. It was a fairly unique style. Other fighters had a similar look to their punches, like Roy Jones, but clearly much different styles.

He was such a contrast to his brother. He wore you down with really awkward punches, in high outputs, and nearly always KO’d you. I think he was a much more gifted fighter than Wlad, and it was a shame he was plagued with injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

What happened to Ike's comeback a year or two back, when he got out of prison?

the atomic bull is still going strong and STILL hasnt been stopped, 55 years old! The President V Atomic bull!?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Vitali was such an awkward fighter with a very high punch output. It looked at times as if he was arm punching, but those punches clearly had an impact on his opponents. It was a fairly unique style. Other fighters had a similar look to their punches, like Roy Jones, but clearly much different styles.

He was such a contrast to his brother. He wore you down with really awkward punches, in high outputs, and nearly always KO’d you. I think he was a much more gifted fighter than Wlad, and it was a shame he was plagued with injuries
                    He was a natural instinctive fighter, Vitali Kiltschko. Where as Wladimir Kiltschko was more manufactured, but had raw athletic ability and was naturally very intelligent 'Immense work ethic' in his attitude towards the sport, I see a lot of him inside of Anthony Joshua. This is probably why Wladimir Kiltschko always admired Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                    X