Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reporter asks thurman why he was all quiet before fight was signed, he gets pissed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporter asks thurman why he was all quiet before fight was signed, he gets pissed

Lol says that it was porters dad doing all the talking
    Keith "one time" thurman
    54.55%
    Keith "run time" thurman
    45.45%

He was more irritated than pissed. He was uncharacteristically quiet for a while though.

Comment

it was great response, honest and respectful

Comment

Well his silence was eerie for me to be honest, especially because he was a vocal sort of boxer. Glad he came out of his shell later and delighted that the fight has now been signed.

Comment

He had a little bit of a Mike Tyson moment there when he used the word honicing hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            it was great response, honest and respectful
            Agree! I think he has good reason to be irritated with the question, but as you said, he handled it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Well his silence was eerie for me to be honest
              Eerie lol. I thought people were making too much of this back when it was going on & I think thats still the case in some cases. I mean you might call it eerie if there were 20 interviews of Thurman during that period where he got asked what he thinks of the Porter fight & if its happening & he ignores it all or something, but that didn't happen.

I don't think Thurman was at home peeking out behind a curtain like Haymon or anything. If a reporter had approached him I think he'd have spoke of this.

And legit point that Shawn wasn't really saying anything. Plus Kenny wasn't really saying anything f#cked up. He was saying "whats going on with this fight". He was saying he was "upset that it'd been so long since Shawn had fought". And when pressed about the fight happening he said he thought "it would".

Fans were the ones saying nutty **** lol. It was like that Hauser Floyd article situation. Hauser said lil or nothing f#cked up in that article & just asked questions mainly. The fans went nuts & came up with the answers lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Eerie lol. I thought people were making too much of this back when it was going on & I think thats still the case in some cases. I mean you might call it eerie if there were 20 interviews of Thurman during that period where he got asked what he thinks of the Porter fight & if its happening & he ignores it all or something, but that didn't happen.

I don't think Thurman was at home peeking out behind a curtain like Haymon or anything. If a reporter had approached him I think he'd have spoke of this.

And legit point that Shawn wasn't really saying anything. Plus Kenny wasn't really saying anything f#cked up. He was saying "whats going on with this fight". He was saying he was "upset that it'd been so long since Shawn had fought". And when pressed about the fight happening he said he thought "it would".

Fans were the ones saying nutty **** lol. It was like that Hauser Floyd article situation. Hauser said lil or nothing f#cked up in that article & just asked questions mainly. The fans went nuts & came up with the answers lol.
                Yea he was saying thurman. Didn't want the fight, that thurman wanted more money

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post

Lol says that it was porters dad doing all the talking
                  He handled it well. But I'll have to check the dictionary, I don't believe "honessing" these skills is a word.

So credit, for Thurman making up his own word. I'll have to start using that myself.

Comment

You called that "Pissed"

Everything he said was the truth

Comment

Working...
                    X