Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Devon Alexander such an under rated fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see that devon will be made into a p4p'er before this fight starts.
    khan hype machine in full effect,

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
      i see that devon will be made into a p4p'er before this fight starts.
      khan hype machine in full effect,

You Maidana fans make me cringe lol. If anything Devon is Underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
        lol these khan fans are worse then any other fans I know.
        Saltiest fan base in the sport. I mean even Matthysse fans got over Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          Who isn't giving him props?

People just saying he doesn't punch hard enough to knock khan out and khan is faster so should win
          Well, he doesn't get enough props. I think that is a better way to put it. People are too busy critiquing the sound he makes when he punches or his clinches while they forget his accomplishments.

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
          Because he sucks ass and tapped out against a mediocre tim Bradley
          You know it's weird cuz this is the same guy who fought and beat Matthysse (questionable), Maidana and Bailey who are freaks of nature, but quit over such a minor cut. Weird.

Originally posted by Uklad View Post
          I agree he's only lost to Headbutt Bradley and a close decision to Porter (don't forget Alexander was recovering from a Injury that time) As a Khan fan I must admit I'm kinda feared for him in this fight.

Hope Khan sticks to the gameplan and gets the job done.
          People are saying Khan should stay with Roach, but as I have said in the past, Khan out grew him and needed a coach for defense, someone who will make him less sloppy and be more precise. Virgil is definitely doing wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            If you're asking this, you might as well ask why Khan is so underrated, he has similar if not better achievements than Alex and is a better, more entertaining fighter.

All in all, it's just that boxing fans are mostly arseholes and are hardly ever fight fans, they are FIGHTER fans. I personally hate Alex, he's a quitter with an ugly style BUT I rate him highly, good, solid young fighter.
            Most haven't boxed period.

Khan is definitely an over achiever.

Comment

Devon Alexander the Great has been through the gauntlet of power punches

Just take a look at his resume

Bailey, Lucas, maidana

And 2 of the most determined fighters in the sport porter and Bradley although he did come up short vs them which reflects on criticisms on his lack of heart when compared to the extremely mentally strong guys

Comment

Devon Alexander the Great has been through the gauntlet of power punches

Just take a look at his resume

Bailey, Lucas, maidana

And 2 of the most determined fighters in the sport porter and Bradley although he did come up short vs them which reflects on criticisms on his lack of heart when compared to the extremely mentally strong guys
                Well it is certainly a contradiction. You don't take on guys like Chino and Lucas if you have no heart and can get someone else, but quit over such a small cut.

Comment

He has two official defeats, but he really has 4.

He quit against Bradley, got utterly dominated by Porter, he was outboxed and clearly lost to Kotelnik and he got a gift against Matthysse.

He's just not good. Khan is going to beat him with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Well it is certainly a contradiction. You don't take on guys like Chino and Lucas if you have no heart and can get someone else, but quit over such a small cut.
                    its not just the cut, some say he almost quit vs purdy because of his hand

Comment

its not just the cut, some say he almost quit vs purdy because of his hand
                      That would've been something.

But yeah it is weird. He also wanted to fight Thurman before Khan fight got announced and I for one believe him to have genuine interest given his past of fighting freak punchers. Weird guy for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X