Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with nerves the day of your fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when it was the day of the fight i would always get into a squabble with somebody near me for whaever reasons. at the fight site i weigh-in and then just laydown somewhere to close my eyes with my tunes while picuring my fight in my mind.

I worked,went to school and boxed I was generally exhausted by the end of the weeks. away, i was lined to fight ths older guy named calvin cea out of pontiac at the detroiy atheletic club. i believe that he was 23, i was 16-17. i weighed in,found a place to lay down and fell asleep for a good hour. woke up about 20 minutes before my bout , loosened up, worked the mitts abit and went out and gave one of the sharper performances through my time. being relaxed with a clear mind is the best and most comfortable way to fight......... Rockin'

Comment

Nerves are good they keep you sharp, make you hit faster and harder, and even slow your perception of time down. They also make it harder to see hooks so becareful of that (gives you more focused tunnel like vision) also makes you gas faster, so more road work for you in preporation for your fights. It also makes you timid and defencive and a little less smart, so make sure you keep to text book boxing force yourself look to and counter him with your ultra sharp mind ultra fast punch and enhanced reflexes! Also make sure your punch mechanics are in tip top form and your hands etc stay up as habit so you punch with good form and keep your hands up etc when in stress mode. (your ability to keep good form may decrease with stress so prep good habit before hand)

Dont try to get rid of fear, its an unpleasent feeling but its there to help you survive, its a good thing!
      Last edited by AlexKid; 08-25-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhitey View Post
        If you compete, or have competed, howd you deal with being nervous?
        I don't get nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
          I don't get nervous.
          that is pretty difficult to believe unless you're on valium.

Comment

Working...
          X