Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Form Ward

At their best Floyd

Comment

At their best i would pick Mayweather,his defence is that good-Broner is unproven,Martinez relies heavily on his athleticism and Ward is just slightly behind Floyd in pretty much every category

Comment

Its obvious most of those who are picking Ward are choosing him based on his personality, because no way in hell is he better than Mayweather pound for pound. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but he's not great.

Comment

Mayweather-Broner 116-112
          Mayweather-Martinez 118-110
          Maywether-Ward 115-113 (very very close fight)
          Result 3-0 3 points

Ward-Martinez 118-110
          Ward-Broner 115-113
          Result 2-1 points

Broner-Martinez 116-112
          Result 1-2 1 points

Martinez's result 0-3 0 points
          ... Floyd P4P King.

Money and Ward - God gifted fighters.

Comment

mayweather by far. lmao @ sergio being the best p4p ahead of may and ward. guess they haven't fought enough goat farmers

Comment

Don't have a house, but if I had to bet my apartment not to be homeless tomorrow I'd bet on Mayweather.

Comment

broner..he's basicly a stronger , more powerful puncher version of floyd..

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  You are ******ed. Floyd fights every opponent different. He didnt use the shoulder roll almost the entire mosley fight, didnt use it much with cotto. He adapts to each fighter. And seriously freaking broner? How could broner bother floyd p4p when Floyd fought at the same weight that broner is now and floyds resume at 130-135 ****s all over anything broner has accomplished.
                  You say he didnt use the shoulder roll, but thats because he came forward and needed a high guard. He used it against Cotto, but it just wasnt good enough. He still got his azz busted in allot of those rounds. You say he adjusts to every opponent? By adjusts, he FIGURES their combinations out, and is able to predict what they will throw. But he couldnt adjust to cotto. He started sweeping the right hand in the 4th round, and couldnt land it through out the entire fight until the 12th round. He barely through any straight shots. You say Floyd wwouldnt be bothered by Broner? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Floyd has that slow azz shoulder roll, Broner rolls fast as hell, and he counters with combinations in between your combinations. Floyd dont do it as well. When he did it against Cotto in the 5th round, it was sloppy. Broner would overwhelm Floyd on the insides, PERIOD.

Comment

i think its really a toss up between Ward, Mayweather and Martinez. I dont understand how Broner even qualifies for this kind of matchup yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                      You say he didnt use the shoulder roll, but thats because he came forward and needed a high guard. He used it against Cotto, but it just wasnt good enough. He still got his azz busted in allot of those rounds. You say he adjusts to every opponent? By adjusts, he FIGURES their combinations out, and is able to predict what they will throw. But he couldnt adjust to cotto. He started sweeping the right hand in the 4th round, and couldnt land it through out the entire fight until the 12th round. He barely through any straight shots. You say Floyd wwouldnt be bothered by Broner? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Floyd has that slow azz shoulder roll, Broner rolls fast as hell, and he counters with combinations in between your combinations. Floyd dont do it as well. When he did it against Cotto in the 5th round, it was sloppy. Broner would overwhelm Floyd on the insides, PERIOD.

It's not as simple as that.

It's not like Floyd's only chance of winning is his shoulder roll. You are right about his figuring out his opponent's favourite combination(s), but he is also capable of controlling distance, rhythm, tempo and angles (footwork). Jmm was forced to fight Floyd's fight, Hatton got so frustrated that he completely lost it.
                      The Cotto fight was probably the worst version of Floyd I ever watched, but still, I wouldn't say that May couldn't figure out Cotto. His legs and reflexes are though deteriorated, I'll give you that.

As for Broner, he might be -that- good, but we don't know yet, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X