Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has compubox ever been proven as a legit tool??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has compubox ever been proven as a legit tool??

i keep hearing ppl say it's just two people pushing buttons every time they think a punch if throw or landed ,, thats obviously just a stereotype to explain the silliness of trusting a computerized robot to legitamately score punches.

so in reality i read this here from compuboxs wiki article

The system calls for two operators. Each operator watches one of the two fighters and has access to four keys, corresponding to jab connect, jab miss, power punch connect, and power punch miss. The operators key in the different punches as they happen, collecting punch counts and hit percentages along the way.
    so i dont really know wat they mean by "operators" but if they mean humans then it really is just pushing buttons lmao. if it's really computerized i would like them to test it out.

how about putting one of those lifelike dummies in a boxing ring and testing compubox on it??

-throw jabs and miss on purpose
    -throw jabs and hit on purpose
    document if compubox is right on landed/missed shots

-throw power shots and miss on purpose
    -throw power shots and hit on purpose
    document if compubox is right on landed/missed shots

-trying pushing, elbowing, headbutting, and see if thy are being counted by compubox

cause hbo is really trying to push this compubox stuff on us but are we really supposed to validate wat a robot is telling us landed and what didnt? i want to kno for sure it documents with legitamicy

maybe jim lampley can do a special on compubox on his little talk show

"has compubox ever been proven as a legit tool??"

nope and it never will be.

Comment

compubox is garbage. its only useful for ppl who dont know how to score fights or biased fans looking for an excuse to say some fighter won a certain fight.

Comment

Compubox is just another marketing tool for fighters...they demonstrate allot of invisible numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
          Compubox is just another marketing tool for fighters...they demonstrate allot of invisible numbers.
          yea i kno but what if they can prove that its legit for the most part???

Comment

It's just some guy pushing buttons behind a screen. If he wants it to count as a punch, then it'll count

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              It's just some guy pushing buttons behind a screen. If he wants it to count as a punch, then it'll count
              so its not a computer documenting the force of the strikes and documenting if it land or not??

Comment

Put it this way. There is a reason why they don't show a live count of the punch count numbers while the fight is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Put it this way. There is a reason why they don't show a live count of the punch count numbers while the fight is going on.
                  ufc does tho for some rounds and it looks prety accurate ,,

Comment

Originally posted by come out dancin View Post
                    so its not a computer documenting the force of the strikes and documenting if it land or not??
                    no, its not a computer. its 2 human beings who push buttons every time they THINK a punch landed. those humans only see the fight from one angle so basically they dont see more than you or me. I could do compubox myself while watching the fight on TV and the result would be as stupid as it is with the official HBO compubox

Comment

Working...
                    X